Both Luci and I have been pretty active over this last week. Luci is letting her presence be known more frequently now...to the point where this morning I'm not so patiently waiting for her to wake up & kick me...it is very re-assuring and lets me know all is well in there. If we could time it correctly I think Clay could feel her kick now...unfortunately their awake time schedules don't seem to match up very well! I feel her before I get up in the morning (that time period after the alarm goes off but before getting up), then again in the late afternoon hours, and then again after dinner. Her schedule has really been pretty consistent. Sometimes the morning hours differ...sometimes I don't feel her until a few hours after breakfast, but I almost always feel her at night.
I have been doing lots of moving myself with the Y's pre-natal program. Yoga was great - and a little bit tough. I think it is a good thing I started now...if I was any bigger & had to ease into it I'm not sure I could. I also am not very 'internally focused' these days....which is required to do yoga well. I tried REALLY hard to focus on my breathing & postures, but my mind kept wandering...checking out all the other moms-to-be...wondering how far along they are, or thinking, oh, that's a cute maternity workout tank, I wonder where she got that? I need to work on that if I'm going to attempt this Bradley Method business.
Water aerobics is proving to be a much better workout than I had ever imagined. Who knew you could cross country ski, downhill ski, skate, run, jog, grapevine, do the rocking horse and hop in the water? And the toughest movement...swimming! HA! We swam two laps last night & I was totally beat! We also use water weights...my arms & shoulders are actually sore! The best part is the ab workout I get in the water. Just trying to keep myself up right & move to these different positions requires a lot of core strength...which I'm sure will come in handy when it is time to push!
And she's up :). Good morning Luci.
4 comments:
I wish I could swim. My gym doesn't have a pool -- boo. What week are you at now? I remember week 30 being a milestone for me. You're probably getting close, right?
test
You can tell by the test that I'm still challenged by this blog.
Grandpa Pierse and I agree that you have a potential fourth career (in addition to banking wiz, wedding guru,joyful mom): writer mom! We laugh out loud; sometimes I say "oo-ooo how sweet," which is not his style; but I hear him chuckle, and we both just flat-out enjoy the blog writing.
It'll be interesting to see if Lucy's timing in the outside world is similar to her timing inside. Well, just continue to find some joy in each day - as you seem to do.
You can tell by the test that I'm still challenged by this blog.
Grandpa Pierse and I agree that you have a potential fourth career (in addition to banking wiz, wedding guru,joyful mom): writer mom! We laugh out loud; sometimes I say "oo-ooo how sweet," which is not his style; but I hear him chuckle, and we both just flat-out enjoy the blog writing.
It'll be interesting to see if Lucy's timing in the outside world is similar to her timing inside. Well, just continue to find some joy in each day - as you seem to do.
Post a Comment