Friday, September 07, 2007

A routine...but not a schedule

Look at this crazy hair!! This is during the battle of the burp...poor little strained face...
Playtime in the chair...
Playtime on the play mat!


So (knock on wood) I think we are getting to be on a bit of a routine finally! It can be a 2.5 or 3.5 hour routine depending on the length of her nap. It starts with each feeding...which can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour depending on the burp beast. Then we do a little playtime...she might hang out on the play mat, or in her chair, or on my knees, or in her boppy (but never in the swing...she's not into it so far), and then she starts to get fussy. Once the fussiness hits she gets swaddled up and the paci goes in the mouth. Usually she fusses for a bit longer, and before you know it the eyes are half mast and the sleeping with one eye open begins. The girl thinks her parents are pretty interesting because she fights sleep the whole way...she must think she'll miss out on something! After 10 - 30 minutes of this half masting she finally gives in and sleeps anywhere from 30 minutes to 2.5 hours. Once she's up we change the diaper and the the cycle begins again with a feeding as long as it has been at least 2.5 hours since she last started eating...which is almost always the case.


Now a schedule would be great because then I'd know she wakes up every morning at 7am, and is in bed by 9pm, or something like that. Then Amanda & I would be on our way to Old Town Spring at the moment because I'd know when she eats & we'd have planned accordingly. Instead we had planned to go at 1:30...assuming Luci would eat at 1pm...but she's still sleeping! Which is a blessing...I certainly can't complain about her sleeping...so for now I'm just going to be thankful for a somewhat more predictable routine!

1 comment:

Christi Bormann said...

You could write a book. Jenny McCarthy has nothing on you! I love the posts and the pictures even more! I can't believe how much she is changing right before our eyes!