Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Brooke Rosonke, M.D.


Who knew that this pretty little girl, known too long for her liking as "Brittnee's little sister" would grow up to be a doctor? Well, actually, I probably knew. As did anyone who spent much time with her as a kid. From a farm in Iowa, to four years at Yale studying bio-medical engineering, followed by another four years at the Duke University School of Medicine, and then ANOTHER three years of residency at the University of Arizona's Department of Emergency Medicine, today is Brooke's very last day as a student...as of tomorrow it is all official...she's an employable ER doctor. Congrats Brooke. I can't even fathom the amount of intellectual, emotional & physical stamina this journey has required. We are so proud of you.


And yet I wish you even more luck & success in the next phase of your journey, the one that I know is closest to your heart...spending time with sweet Asher & Sunidh and eventually having a house full of little buggers. Good luck in Michigan...we love you!

5 comments:

amanda said...

congrats brooke!
gosh...i'd swear that was a pic of luci! :)

Carrie said...

Luci looks so much like this picture of Brooke!

Lacey said...

HOLY COW, LUCI looks JUST LIKE YOUR SISTER?? Seriously...I kept looking at the picture and thinking...who is Luci with?? Holy cow...you got some STRONG genes girl!!

Congrats to Brooke!!

Sara said...

I was going to say that Luci looks like Brooke, but it looks like three people beat me to it!!

Sara

Lacey said...

Hey Britt. Just wanted to say thank you for your sweet words. They were actually really encouraging and made me have a whole new perspective on things. :) I will miss you too...but we will most definitely keep up with each other!! Thanks again. Hope you guys are having a good weekend!!