Friday, April 23, 2010

all that ails

Last week (before the baptism weekend) was one of those weeks....but long term we'll all be fine so that is what we are (doing our best to keep) focusing on.

On Tuesday Clay found out he tore his ACL. A complete tear. He also has a host of other issues with his medial meniscus and other parts of the knee...none of which I understand. Reconstructive surgery is scheduled for May 6th. He'll be on crutches for 2 weeks, and out of work for a minimum of 6 weeks. Until then he's working as much as he can. There will be no running for quite some time. If you know Clay very well, you know this is a big deal. It also ruins his plans of hiking the Grand Canyon again (this time with a buddy) during his week of vacay in June. Boo.

I had a monster headache that lasted for days. Two Saturdays ago it was so bad I had blind spots in my vision. It wasn't getting better so I went to the doctor and he gave me some kind of miracle shot. Seriously...I felt better than I had in weeks. Apparently I had a sinus infection that was in my non-cheek sinus area. I hadn't been able to see well for weeks...but after the anti-inflammatory shot I could see again normal again for a couple of days (must have been putting pressure on my optic nerve?) but now the vision issue is back. Despite the allergy meds, antibiotic and nasal steroid. Ugh. Wish I could get that shot again....

Luci had a giant canker sore in the middle of her upper lip so she wasn't eating. Then came the virus complete with fever (while everyone was here)...which broke Wednesday night I think. Unfortunately she's still on an eating strike. It is very unlike her, so I'm trying not to get too worked up about it. I'm sure when she's feeling 100% better the appetite will come back too.

Mr. Milo, our cat, had a cat bite wound that got infected, abscessed, and ruptured. After nearly $275 of vet bills on Wednesday, they declared him on the road to recovery...his human mama knew better. I took him back in on Friday when he was still far from his usual self. After another $170 they declared him still on the road to recovery...it was supposedly just taking longer than they had thought. Then the next day we saw that another abscess (that we & the vet were unaware of) had apparently ruptured. He seems to be doing better since then. Poor lil guy. Poor wallet.

Luckily, (and knock on wood), Gus and Miss Tallulah (our other cat) appear to have weathered the bad luck storm unscathed.

Unfortunately I did another craptastic job of getting photos when we had our wonderful family down so no photos today. Boo.....

2 comments:

Laura said...

yikes, yikes and double yikes!!!! Sounds like you need a break! How did Clay manage to tear his ACL? I hope he recovers quickly and that you all get back to normal.

Gus's baptism invite is super adorable.

Holly said...

Craptastic...you're funny :)