Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas 2011

Better late than never, right? We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Grandma & Grandpa Pierse came down as they have the last few years & somehow it makes the whole thing feel more official. Having grown up where Christmas = going to our grandparents homes to play with cousins & eat a huge family meal, I'm glad my kiddos at least get to have one set of grandparents here to share the day with.




I waited until Christmas Eve to put any gifts under the tree...which was a good move because Lu & Gus were RELENTLESS in their quest to open gifts. I let them open the gift from cousins Asher & Lila first & on Christmas Eve morning because I knew it would keep them busy all day.




60 cardboard box/blocks will do that.


(the assembly of which also kept mom, grandpa & dad busy for an hour or so)


one of g's favorite gifts...his caterpillar lawn chair from sissy. they used to fight over luci's butterfly lawn chair...but no longer!


and one of lu's favorite gifts...a princess umbrella from her grammy & grandpy.


she's wanted an umbrella for ages. now she wants for rain...

and my baby boy just chilled ;)
dad made a FANTASTIC apple pie. isn't it pretty?

he did the lattice work himself. and this was the first time he'd done that, i might add. impressive, right? maybe he should take over in the kitchen....

No comments: