Just heard from Dr. Johnson's office and I'm very relieved to report that my blood work came back normal and I do not have gestational diabetes. While the 3 hour glucose tolerance test certainly wasn't fun, I actually felt better throughout it than I did during the 1 hour test. Time flew by as Amanda & I chatted & read trashy celebrity magazines for the first 2 1/2 hours, and then Clay arrived in time to keep me company for the last hour or so. Once we were home he made me lunch and we just enjoyed some downtime on the sofa for the afternoon.
We also had a great weekend...on Friday night we had dinner with Jamie & Amanda & baby Clara (who is 17 months...not so much a baby), who seems to have suddenly discovered that Clay is fun too! Watching him put diapers on baby dolls & teddy bears and read books to Clara (as she insisted that he be the one to read them to her) filled me with warm fuzzies. We borrowed Clara for a few hours on Saturday morning and the baby doll diaper changing continued, along with more reading & a visit to the park. We watched her walk around the house, noting to ourselves what items need to go on the 'remove to kiddo proof our house' list. After the park visit she was a bit sleepy & put her head down on Clay's shoulder during the short walk home...it was one of the sweetest moments ever and it gave me a little boost of confidence that we just might be able to pull this parenting thing off after all...
3 comments:
clara would like to leave a comment:
bbbbbbbbbcccccccccl..l;l/k/lkllo?Ll'['[]
v gv
7
i'm not positive, but i think it means "thank you so much for hanging out with me saturday." and..."you are the best britt and clay a clara could want!" just my best guess, though.
p.s. now clara blesses "ka" immediately after she blesses "bwitt." seriously, clay should feel quite important. she shakes her head "no" when i have to ask "God bless daddy?"... ;)
What a relief about the blood work results!
And I can't imagine a better teacher than Clara for diaper changing baby dolls and teddy bears, reviewing some reading-to-a-child skills, and creating warm fuzzies all around.
Looks like Jamie is bilingual, too, so your best-friends-down-the-street are a talented crew!
I'm just mightily pleased that things appear to be jes' fine.
I meant Amanda, though I'm sure that Jamie is ligually talented, also!
Post a Comment