Per my sweet husband and my longtime roommate Jen, I am THE person infomercials are made for. I want to buy pretty much anything they are selling on those stinkin shows...good thing we have DVR now so I'm never at a loss for something to watch. So you might be thinking...The Amazing Miracle Blanket? Sounds like a scam. As Clay keeps telling me...the secret to happy children and good parenting will not be found in a 'thing'. BUT...I am always looking for some 'thing' to make my life easier and to make Luci happier.
So last Wednesday we were telling my wonderful friend Amanda about how Luci doesn't sleep more than 3 hours ever, and we were thinking that perhaps it is because she startles herself & kicks out of the swaddle. At that point she told us about 'The Amazing Miracle Blanket'...the what we said? We were skeptical...so she pulled out her PC and showed us the website. Sure enough...infomercial baby was happy as a clam at the end of the product demo video...happy enough I ran home & ordered one (okay, two...what if she spits up on one at night?) . It arrived on Saturday, but I didn't get the mail until Sunday. So I tried it last night...and sure enough...she slept from 9:30p to 3:00a!! And she wasn't even totally up at 3a, but I woke up & realized it was 3a and I was super worried because we normally get up between 12:45a and 1:30a. I ran right in & saw that she was squirming a bit so I just woke her up to eat. Woohoo!! Then she slept from 4:00a to 7:10a!!! That is the most consecutive sleep I've gotten since she was born! So...I'm praying this wasn't a one night fluke...I'm praying this truly is The Amazing Miracle Blanket...
I'll try to add a photo of her in the blanket tonight...in the meantime if you are curious....
http://www.miracleblanket.com/instructions.htm
3 comments:
Wow...that is so great that the blanket worked so well the first night. I hope it continues to work for Luci. Alivia still likes to be wrapped, and the Kiddopotamus wrap we have just isn't cutting it anymore...may have to try this:-) Love the pictures of Cutie Luci...can't wait to see more.
I love that you finally found an infomercial product that works! Let's hope that it continues to work like a charm! And I'm glad to hear that you were able to get some sleep. Luci is so adorable... I know I've said it before but I'm really looking forward to visiting and getting a chance to hold monkey toes (I like that one). :) Miss you guys!
Wow, talk about the swaddling effect!
Post a Comment