What a sweet face...
Soooo sweet....
Luci's nicknames include Luci Bird, Luci Belle (per Grandma Rosonke), Sweet Baby (per Grandma Pierse), Luci Pea, Squirmy Wormy, Squirmis Von Wormis (can you guess who came up with that one?) and LRPy...(per Great Grandpa Halvorson...her initials + y). **And I forgot two of the favorites! Monkey toes & froggy feet!!
The sound of a hungry/mad cry is something like...elllaaaaaa....elllaaaaaaa....elllaaaaaa...
When she is in pain she clenches her fists, kicks like it is her job, and her poor little face turns bright red. Tears are often shed.
Lengthwise her 3 month sleepers are to small...she fills out the legs in the 6 month sleepers already...I think I'm going to have to look for some long/tall sleepers! The 3 month pants are more like capri pants/bermuda shorts.
She loves the mobile (thank you Lawrence family) over her crib...I ask her if she wants to look at her friends and then I put her in the crib. She'll often hang out & kick for 30 minutes or more!
She likes the pacifier, but still has trouble keeping it in her mouth. When she finds her fingers or arms she sucks on them.
The hair on the top of her head is falling out...she has the old man bald on top, but hair in a ring around her head look going on. It is still pretty dark, but some days looks a bit red. I have no idea how the color of hair can change, but it does seem to.
Her eyelashes are getting darker & more noticeable.
She still has a little patch of hair on the side of each ear. Like the same hair that is on top of her head!
She knows her mama. On Saturday Clay, Nigel (he was in town for the day!) & I hung out at our friends' house while my mom watched Luci. She cried and cried until I came home & held her, and then she was content. Then I'd give her back to my mom & she'd cry again. So she either knows her mama or she can smell milk & she likes it!
She startles very easily. If the sticky part of the diaper is ripped to quickly (& loudly) she cries.
She loves white noise...the noise maker from Grandpa Pierse & the Sleep Sheep from Erica & Michael are our two most helpful baby gear items.
She also really enjoys the bouncy chair that vibrates, and her Baby Einstein play mat from Jen & Paul. She loves to look at the star with lights on the play mat. BTW - all of this gear requires a TON of batteries...we've spent more on batteries in the last month than I have in the last 10 years.
She is NOT a big fan of the Maya Sling...maybe I just don't know how to put her in there so she's comfortable?
She often sucks down milk so fast that she chokes...at which point I ask her if there are bones in her milk, and then proceed to tell her that Milkbones are for dogs! She's not nearly as amused as I am...you have to do things to keep yourself amused at 4am...
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Britty!
Post a Comment