Ugh...since Saturday we have been battling a terrible, red, bumpy, itchy, angry rash. Originally we thought it was just an eczema flare up...but it soon progressed and we were very confused. It started on Saturday morning...I noticed the fold/crease of her neck was bright red. It got progressively worse until Saturday night when we started to panic. Luckily some good advice from Dr. Brooke & Luci's grandma's helped. Sunday it seemed to be on the mend, and it looked even better Monday morning...so I decided an appt with the pediatrician wasn't necessary. So of course, at 5pm when she woke up from her nap her eye had a huge welt/hive under it. And by this morning our poor baby's eye was almost swollen shut. After 100 calls between 7:57 and 8:05, I finally got through and made an appt for 11:30a. Unfortunately her symptoms are a bit confusing, but Dr. Bhakta is treating it as 'contact dermatitis'. Aka an allergic reaction from coming into contact with something....but what?? It also may be a viral infection that is manifesting as a rash, but he doesn't think so. For now we are treating with Benadryl, a steroid cream for her body and hydrocortizone for her face until we talk again tomorrow. In the meantime I'm re-tracing my steps since Friday, trying to figure out what in the world may have caused this. The rash was just on her neck & up, but now it is all over her body with the exception of her diaper area...the part that is always covered.
And this is just funny....she is very adept at putting her paci in...unless I'm recording it! Pardon my baby voice...
3 comments:
Well, I know that if I had a swollen eye and red, scratchy splotches on my face, I would not be cute. Somehow Luci manages to remain cute and adorable through it all! I'm sure that this new stage is stressful for everyone, but, like all stages, it will pass,the stress will fade, and it makes good stories later.
poor little bubber! I feel so bad for her, hopefully it will get better soon! tell her I love her:)
gma L
Oh no! I'm just catching up! Is it a food reaction or did it turn out to be the detergent?
Post a Comment