Friday, January 25, 2008

Six Months!




Hmmm...it seems as though she's interested in the new big girl carseat I'm in the process of picking out...
Gotta get my hands on it!!


Wow...I cannot believe our baby is 6 months old today! She is growing & developing by leaps & bounds every single day.

She can sit on her own now for as long as she wants to...and get herself down onto her back if she wants to. She can't quite get into the sitting up position on her own yet but she is working VERY hard on it...during play time & nap time. She gets up on all fours and then sticks one leg out to the side and tries to sit back.

Crawling is still eluding her...she is SO close...rocking...picking up each knee, and each hand...just not in the coordinated motion required to move forward. However this doesn't stop her from getting her to wherever she wants to go.

Random things I want to remember...

-I'm transitioning out the 6/9M gear and bringing on the 12M gear.
-I've started to wean...I'm down to 3 nursing sessions, 2 bottles & a bit of solid food once a day.
-EVERYTHING goes in her mouth...with a hilarious ferociousness.
-She often watches what is on TV...much to our chagrin.
-Her new favorite toy is a mirror that Grandma & Grandpa Rosonke got her. It does animal sounds & sings a fun baby song.
-She made her way to the DVR yesterday, and the laptop today.
-She just started to take interest in the cats after we got back from Iowa.
-She still loves the bath & loves to play with her duck & other fun animals from Uncle Keith & Aunt Lee.
-She is just starting to giggle at random things she does herself.
-Clay turned her upside down a couple of days ago & now she keeps trying to turn her head upside down on her own...it is SO funny!
-Her diapers are starting to smell a bit now that she is eating food! And she is going less frequently.
-She responds REALLY well to YAAAAAAYYYYYY!! I can get her to eat with yay, not cry when she tips over, and smile no matter what when I say YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY. And I've started to say it to adults...and then I feel very silly.
-Her happy face is this HUGE open mouth grin.
-She really only gets fussy when she gets tired.
-She is getting better with naps...she rarely cries now when we put her down now. Some naps are longer, but most are still 40 minutes are so. She takes anywhere from 2-4 naps per day.
-She LOVES to kick her feet...on her back, on her belly, in the bath...even if it is hitting a toy or something hard!
-She still has her little bald spot, and patches of eczema on the backs of her calves. We are also still fighting the drool rash on her chin & cheeks.

No comments: