Thursday, March 05, 2009

cuhcake






Somehow since the Valentine's Day party our girl has become OBSESSED with cuhcakes (aka cupcakes). She has a little toy ice cream cone that she calls cuhcake. A few weeks ago I bought a Valentines Day Funfetti cake mix for $.49 after Valentine's Day...she found it in the pantry & carried the box around for days. And randomly enough, we checked out a book from the library last week that had a picture of cuhcakes. All week she walked around with her plastic ice cream cone saying cuhcake, playing with the cake mix box, and finding the borrowed book & opening it right to the cuhcake page. So when I told her it was her friend Margeaux's birthday and we could have cuhcakes she clapped her hands and said, "YAAAYYYY". The celebration started with a cuhcake at playgroup and continued later that day with a Mama/Lil Girls Night Out (aka dads are working ;) at Rico's where she had just a few teaspoons of whip cream that Margeaux shared with her. Then Margeaux's REAL party was on Sunday at Gymboree...Luci was thrilled to know she could expect another cuhcake. But Margeaux got her cuhcake first (cuz it was her birthday and all) and Luce LOST IT. Nobody could tell what she was so upset about (maybe the adorable party hat was uncomfortable?), but I am pretty sure it was all concern over not getting a cuhcake. Poor thing...it was not my proudest parenting moment.
In addition to being not so great for a growing tot, she broke out with a terrible diaper rash after the first cuhcake...that just got worse & worse...to the point that here we are a week later, and she still has it. Poor lil thing. I'm looking into some good-for-you muffin type recipes I can make & bring to such events for her going forward. Ugh. I was hoping she'd have her dad's take-it-or-leave-it attitude toward sweets. Nope...this is all mama. Sorry Luce.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

A girl after my own heart!!