We had a GREAT time at "Gwammy's house" last week, despite that it was for a funeral. Sure I was weepy & there were tears, but I wasn't sad. My grandpa lived a long, full, happy life and I believe he's in a better place now. We got to see tons of family that I haven't seen in a long time and who knows when I'll see them again (especially all at once) now that Grandma & Grandpa Halvorson are both in heaven.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any good photos with said extended family! I STINK when it comes to getting photos of family. So boo for that.
But we did get lots of good time with Aunt Brookie, Aunt Baylee, Mr. Drew, Uncle Ben & Aunt Chelsi. And of course Gwamme & Gah-py. Luci was her sweet, warm, lovable, snuggable self & lots of deserving people got hugs & even kisses from her. It was SO nice to see.
The photos we did get were of Luci "riding the Poncho". Poncho has been Aunt Chelsi's horse for 14 years, and Uncle Ben saddled her up for Luci to ride. Luci waited more eagerly than patiently....
Originally we had planned for her to ride with Uncle Ben...which started well...but then....
that didn't go over so well. So she rode alone with Dad by her side...all smiles then!
1 comment:
So glad you had a nice time back in Iowa. How exciting for your brother and his wife. I didn't realize he had gotten married, yet alone expecting a baby...fun times. So glad that your sweet baby is giving you some kicks!
Post a Comment