Tuesday, January 19, 2010

on our own

Grammy (my mom), Luci the ballerina & Gus... Grandma & Grandpa Pierse with Luci the princess & Gus...
Well Clay is on the way to the airport with his parents...we are officially on our own. We have been SO blessed to have great help from our families for just a few days short of a month. Barb & Don arrived on Dec 22nd and stayed until the 30th, my mom arrived on the 29th and stayed until Friday the 15th, Barb came back on the 14th and Don came down to join her on the 17th and they are just headed to the airport now. I'm so grateful for all of the help...my mom & my in-laws have set a high bar for how Clay & I hope to help Luci & Gus one day. Hopefully they like us enough to want us around!

I hope we are ready...luckily my first solo run with both kiddos won't be for a few days yet, and it is a shorter trip for Clay so I'm thinking positive thoughts and trying to convince myself I can handle 2 kids for 3 days/2 nights by myself. I realize I'm far from the first person to ever attempt such a feat and probably sound like a giant wimp, but there you have it. I'm very much looking forward to the day (er, night) that Gus sleeps for more than a few hours at a time...while at the same time trying to savor his newborn-ness. Motherhood is extremely rewarding for me, but far from the easiest thing I've ever done...

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm right there with you..those dreaded days....ALONE....with only the kids:-) Some days it's hard, others it's easy, but we manage to make it through somehow. And I certainly don't think that you are being a wimp...I've been managing with 2 or more kids for almost 3 years now and I still get nervous about the days that David is gone. Good luck...looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Holly said...

Call me when you need to! I know how it goes...