Friday, January 08, 2010

she likes him














at least, most of the time! we are getting there...his little circumcision no longer needs gauze as of this afternoon. it is nice to put a check in a box. now if we could get rid of the cord & getting him sleeping more at night i'll feel like my head is above water again.

luci is adjusting...she loves him, has a hard time being gentle & quiet, but can't stop saying, "gus is soooo little". she HATES it when he cries...it gives her anxiety. i think the hardest thing for her is having me split my time & attention. i'm hopeful that as gus & i get more into a routine i'll be able to do the same for luci...and while it won't be what she used to have, i'm hoping it'll provide her with the extra bit of security she seems to be missing right now. sleep time has become pretty rough...at least for mom & dad. she cries/fusses for the first hour of nap time, and most days she doesn't fall asleep. at night she doesn't want to go upstairs, and the getting ready process is rough, but then she generally falls asleep pretty quickly (due to lack of naps).
our other pea just wants to be held. ALL.THE.TIME. until this morning we'd never gotten him to sleep longer than 45 minutes without being held. but this morning i dug out my amazing miracle blanket (i tried it last week to no avail) and lo & behold the boy slept 3 hours straight. THANK YOU GOD. this mama was starting to lose hope on ever sleeping again. luckily my mom is here & has spent most of the last two nights holding him so that i could catch up on some sleep & give luci the attention she needs during the day. clay is back to work so i'm back to being the primary care giver to both kiddos. she's missin her daddy, that is for sure, but i also think she's loving that i am giving her the attention she's accustomed to.

on that note, i'm going to go enjoy some downtime while both kiddos are in their beds. ha, spoke to soon. gus is up.

6 comments:

Holly said...

I had to hold Jenna ALL THE TIME for 6 weeks. She wouldn't go down without screaming and so I held her in the lazy boy chair while she slept. I'm still getting up three times a night! I'm hoping my break is coming soon...

Laura said...

Britt (and Holly) I've got high hopes for you both, but my sweet, dear boy only started sleeping all night a few months ago...it was a very long road, but you'll be amazed at how "used to" the lack of sleep you become. (of course you both know this, as you've been there before:-) After he started sleeping all night, I felt absolutely horrendous for about 3 weeks just adjusting to more sleep. It's a great cycle..let me tell you.

Both Luci and Gus look really great. Luci will adjust beautifully..I just know it.

Laura said...

BTW---I've been DYING for a new post. So glad to see more pics. (obviously, you should be posting to your blog when you have a free minute, right...rest is overrated:-)

Sleep up while you have help..I have never had anyone come and stay with me, so I am very envious of you having your mom there.

Lacey said...

Yep, all my babies loved to be held all day. It wont last forever. So glad that Luci likes here brother. :) :) She looks so much bigger already in those pictures in her new Big Sister Role. I am sure she is a big help! Can't wait to meet him!

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

One of my girlfriends has a sweet baby boy who was the same way. She swears that a Moby: http://www.mobywrap.com/ saved her from going crazy. She was able to use both her hands and Theo was happy being 'held'.

Getting him to sleep on his own was a whole other adventure.