Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Birthday & Happy Easter!

Happy belated birthday to the grandpas & to Uncle Keith...all of whom celebrated a birthday yesterday! We are sad that we didn't get to talk to any of you despite a few phone calls up north! You must be busy men!

And a Happy Easter to all!

Yesterday Luci & I colored eggs for the first time! I stayed up late on Friday night & hard boiled 12 eggs so they'd be ready on Saturday morning. One of the eggs floated & I thought that was odd so I threw it out. I boiled the remaining 11, and then tested one of them to be sure it was properly cooked (it was :). So as planned, on Saturday morning when Gus went down for his first nap we colored 10 eggs. In my head I had it built up that she was just going to LOVE it (I do this a lot with activities I loved as a kid). She liked it fine enough I suppose, but wanted to know what was IN the eggs (lotsa plastic eggs filled with candy these days)...and when I finally had her convinced that there were EGGS in the EGGS, she wanted to crack them RIGHT.NOW. Once I got her over that we colored them, but she didn't want to do any eggs that were say half pink & half yellow...she wanted them to be all one color. humpf...not so fun. and of course after we dyed the 10 we had the drama started because she wanted to color 'just one more'. Somehow no matter how fun of an activity I think we have planned, it almost ALWAYS ends in tears.




Luci was delighted to find that the Easter Bunny left her a basket...she wasn't really expecting it because we haven't really talked much about the Easter Bunny or what (s)he does. This year the Easter Bunny collected items over a period of few weeks when Luci-coveted things caught her eye. And this year the Easter Bunny was in bed the night before Easter with the lights out when she realized that she forgot to assemble & deliver the basket. And I'm not sure why the Easter Bunny decided a $1.99 flute was a good idea...who wants to listen to that all day?


The biggest hit of the basket was a set of 5 Tinkerbell lip glosses with a little tin 'box' container as she calls it. She carted it around ALL day...even sneaking one lip gloss (minus the top) into church! The kid has been putting on lip gloss ALL.OVER.HER.FACE...ALL.DAY.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Love it!!Hadley got a lollipop from my mom that pushes up and has a top. Well, she thinks it's lip gloss. :)Ha. Can you say sticky face?? But it's much better than the usual marker. :) Glad you guys had a great EAster. And it looks like I share a birthday with those special men up North. :)