Thursday, May 03, 2007

A busy May with my favorite person...







I am very thankful to report that Clay's May schedule is allowing for lots of time at home with me, especially during the first half of May. Of course my type-A nature immediately saw this as an excellent opportunity to fit in all of those informational baby classes I wanted to take, so I've gone a bit bonkers with our schedule. On Tuesday night we'll be heading to Newborn Care at Memorial Hermann Hospital, the hospital where Luci will be born. The next morning we start out bright & early with an interview of a potential pediatrician at 8am, followed by our 30 week appointment at 9:30am. Then on Saturday the 12th we finally start the Bradley Method class (6 classes in all). The next weekend we head to Iowa (provided Dr. Johnson gives me the all clear) to watch my baby sister Baylee graduate from high school...and I'm sure that she is looking forward to no longer being referred to as the baby of the Rosonke Family ;)! We come back the morning of Monday the 21st and attend our second Bradley Method class that night. The next Saturday my loving husband will (no doubt a bit grudgingly) attend Breastfeeding Basics with me, again at Memorial Hermann Hospital. And the next day we finish up the information gathering month with Bradley Class #3. Now when you add in his flight schedule on top of all of this and a potential visit from the Atkins clan...our calendar for the month of May looks a bit bonkers. All the better to keep time flying ;)

Usually my sweet husband hates nothing more than a 'honey-do' list...but this week he's really gotten into it...plowing through the list head on, eagerly checking items off. I feel like we've made great progress with the nursery - we just might have agreed on a paint color and we both like the curtain concept; I can now visualize the final product in my head and I like it. We have had such a wonderful few weeks that I felt the urge to tell the world how very in love I am with my husband. A photo of his handsome face is long over due on this blog...so I've put up a photo we took back in February after Keith & Lee's visit. The lovely boot in the middle was a gift from them, and in a bit of Texas spirit we decided to hang it on our back gate to greet all of our Texan neighbors! The other photo was taken by Clay's dad, Don, a few weeks ago during thier visit. Love my man in uniform...

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oooh, I was so excited to see pics!You guys have a lot going on. When are you in Iowa?