Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Staying put in Texas now...




We are back from our trip to Iowa and are here to stay for probably more than a few months, as Dr. Beena made me promise this was the last travel that I'd request. Well...the one of us that doesn't travel for a living is here to stay anyway...the other one of us is already off again for the week!
Getting there wasn't bad at all - I was surprised how comfortable I managed to stay during the 3 hour flight & 3 hour car ride. Getting home was another story...my back hurt the entire road trip up to Minneapolis, and my belly hurt the entire flight home. I took it as an opportunity to try some of my Bradley Method relaxation techniques and I'm pleased to say that I was able to put myself to sleep using the deep abdominal breathing. By the time we arrived home all I could do was plop on the sofa & watch the end of The Bachelor while my sweet husband made us dinner; I was craving salad...he was excited that Luci was finally hungry for some of his favorite foods.
It was great to see family and be there for Baylee's graduation. Mom & Baylee tried really hard to feel Luci kick, but no such luck. She pretty much stops moving the minute I point it out to someone. They did get to see my belly move a bit though. Clay on the other hand got to feel one of the re-positioning moves and her little arm or leg moved against my belly & his hand so hard that he jumped back like she was going to pop right out of my belly and get him. Baylee & I laughed super hard...he really looked alarmed!

3 comments:

amanda said...

so, did you decide against the super-cute black dress?

britt said...

I actually wore it for commencement, but changed quickly after...I was thinking I should have gotten a photo in the super-cute black dress!

Holly said...

That's a super cute shirt. You don't look big at all. I swear I was WAY bigger at that point. Baylee looks so good. Funny, I remember driving her around Woodcreek Circle (was that the name?) and she was talking about the pigs on the farm and I thought it was so cool! That was like, um, 10 years ago maybe? Crazy...