Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'm behind on posts...



Here is one I started last week! It was called "New Toys"!


Well I finally understand how it can be SO easy & tempting to spoil your child with lots of toys. First of all, she's getting bored with the old ones. How do I know? Independent play was getting shorter & shorter...sitting and staring at the wall or looking at the duck just isn't keeping her occupied anymore. While I was getting my hair cut last week she had a blast playing with Clara's Felix the Firefly...per Amanda she was determined to get Mr. Felix up to her mouth. And I decided she might be tiring of the lovely bird, ladybug and duck which had been her whole toy world up until then. Well...I take that back. She also has cow & pig wrist rattles. But anyway, it made me realize she has very few toys. Given her constant desire to bring things up to her mouth with her new-found yet not 100% controlled hands, I decided it was time for some new motivation. She now owns a monkey with long legs for her to grab onto, and a monkey with big ears that have lots of rings & things to grab on. More to grab onto = easier trip to the mouth! She gets SO frustrated with her physical limitations...you can see and hear the frustration in her voice.


And to update...thanks to Aunt Brooke, Luci now has TONS of toys to keep her busy! She stares at her friend Mallory the Monkey for like 30 minutes!! Thanks Aunt Brooke!



No comments: