Well there are lots of random notes I want to make again...so here goes...
-Her little hands are SUPER STINKY!! They were balled up in fists for the first 10 weeks or so, so naturally they need a bit of airing out. We have to work really hard during bath time to unclench the fist & clean out between the fingers!
-She likes bath time. I say, "doesn't that feel nice" or "splish splash you are takin a bath" over & over again. Clay likes to imitate me in a high pitched voice so I realize how silly I sound...but Luci likes it!
-Her finger nails grow like crazy - I'm clipping them every other day. But the toenails don't grow!?!?!? Haven't clipped them yet!
-She's fully in 3-6 month gear...no 3 month stuff for my 2.5 month old!
-She lost all of the hair on the top of her head (which was dark), and it is coming back in blond...but the back of her head still has the dark hair she had at birth.
-She is just a JOY in the morning. She wakes up & chats with her mobile friends for a half hour sometimes. We go in her room and she greets us with the most adorable grin that it makes the night waking bearable.
-She is learning to soothe herself back to sleep. We do really well at night...usually after the 3 or 4 or 5am feeding (different time every night) I wrap her back up in the Amazing Miracle Blanket, sing her an Iowa KKG song, and put her in her crib. Sometimes she's bright eyed, but she usually will drift back to sleep within 45 minutes. I usually sit with her for 5 minutes after she's back in the crib, replace the paci once or twice, and then I go back to bed & listen for her cries. Either I end up back in her room, or I wake up at 6 or 7 or 8 (again, different everyday) and think WOOHOOOO!
-She REALLY likes it when I sing...so much so that she has started to make little humming noises while I rock her if I haven't started to sing yet before a sleep time. Once I start she 'sings' with me for a bit...it is super cute. Her favorite song is this Iowa KKG song...I think because all of the words are long & drawn out & sound like her little hummms?
-She is not a very good napper in the afternoon & evening.
-She wakes up happy & gets progressively fussier as the day goes on (probably due to the lack of good naps?)
-We had the first public blowout diaper (we've had several at home) last Friday. I finally got up the confidence to lunch with some other SAHM's...and we went to Chili's of course because that is what we do here in the 'burbs...and as another woman went to hold Luci so I could finish eating I see poop drip out of her diaper as the woman is picking her up!!! So back in her car seat she went & we buzzed right home to take a bath. Fun times. Oh...and that morning when I counted on her taking a 45 minute nap (as she's done for EVERY nap before then, and EVERY nap since then), she took a 1 and 1/2 hour nap & I had to wake her up to go meet for lunch.
-We have to introduce new toys slowly...she met two new friends last week, a pig & a cow that rattle & attach to her wrist. She frowned & almost cried when we introduced her to them. This week she loves them & wants to eat them.
- She seems to have discovered her mouth...she eats anything that comes near her mouth...a wrist, a fist, Mom's arm, Mom's shoulder, Mom's shirt, her own onsie if she slumps down in her bouncy chair...you name it, she'll suck/drool on it if it is anywhere near her mouth!
-We are FINALLY making progress on her nursery! The bones have been there for quite some time, but now we have fun stuff on the walls. I'm going to stencil the 'night time' prayer over her crib...but a much friendlier version of the one that I still say! I say, "Now I lay me down to sleep, the Lord I pray my soul to keep, if I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take". Now this never ever bothered me as a child (or as an adult), but for some reason I don't want to talk about dying with my baby before bed. So we will say, "Now I lay me down to sleep, the Lord I pray my soul to keep, may angels watch me through the night, and wake me with the morning light".
-She's sort of on a nursing strike right now. She doesn't want to drink milk from the source...she much prefers a bottle. I think it is because of the more constant, predictable flow. I think I have a forceful let down and she's tired of it! Don't worry, she's still getting fed...I just pump more & give it to her in a bottle.
2 comments:
whew! that was a long one!! :) but you'll be so thankful for these little "reminders" when she's two and you've completely lost your brain like i have! oh, and what's this playing with other mommies while i was away??!! ;)
okay, next time you come over, we're going to have to hear this Iowa KKG song...does the national KKG not allow Iowans (Iowites?) to sing the normal song, so they had to invent one of their own? Sheesh, what did you guys do to make them mad? Or is it sort of like the Tri-Delts from "Revenge of the Nerds" where you guys don't really fit in with the national group, and they only started recognizing you when you sang your Iowa KKG song with a lot of synth music in the background?
Post a Comment