Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Texas Bluebonnets

The bluebonnet is the Texas State Flower...so being the proud Texans we are...had to join the masses...



Or click here if you get the posts emailed to you!
2008-04-01 Luci Pierse


Taking a photo of your child in the bluebonnets is just one of those things you do down here...like getting a photo with Santa at Christmas time. It was really hot & humid that day (shocking), and Luci was skeptical at best. Not professional photos by any means, but they'll work for this year.

I just wanted to say another Thank You to Luci's Grandma & Grandpa Pierse. Luci clearly thrived while we were gone, and while it makes me feel a little un-needed, it is also a bit liberating. The trip was great for Clay & I (I recommend an alone trip to all new parents) and I know Luci loved the time with Grandma & Grandpa. And soon enough Grammy Rosonke (and Granpy, you are MORE than welcome too...although we understand it is planting season...or Aunt Deb...we heard a rumor you might be able to play!!) will get her special time with Luci as Clay & I take another trip...this time to Mexico for our friend Erica's wedding. While the GC was awesome & I would like to do something like that again, the beach & an all inclusive resort is a little more my speed....

2 comments:

amanda said...

oooh. cute layout! although, i liked the other, too. i might have to change my look up a bit, too! thanks for lunch!

Lacey said...

Cute, Cute, Cute...where exactly were those taken? It looks like a field of bluebonnets?? I need to go get some pics before the flowers are all gone.