I always get a bit antsy on Friday afternoon. A happy hour...or just some adult interaction...sounds pretty great about now. Friday afternoons used to bring this sense of impending freedom...a freedom that you just don't really ever get as a stay at home mom (or maybe really, any parent). Kind of a bummer. I think the bummer feeling is exaggerated by Clay's sporadic work hours & days. He was home for about 12 hours last night/this morning, and now he's gone until late tomorrow night. He keeps telling me this May schedule is great, but it seems to me that he is gone a lot.
I miss the freedom of the weekend. Don't get me wrong, during the M-F 8a to 5p daily grind when we are just hanging out I'm thrilled with our arrangement. And Clay does get lots of weekends off (like last weekend), but on Friday afternoons when Luci & I are home alone, I get a bit antsy. So we tried a bit of retail therapy this morning...some new kiddo cds for Miss Luci (Knick Knack Paddy Whack anyone? Or is it Nick Nack Paddy Wack?), a few pairs of capris for her (I'm tired of hearing how her pants are too long...yours would be too if you crawled around on the floor all day...pants stretch! try it!), and some snazzy snack traps so we can keep the puffs off the floor. It worked while we were out & about, but now Luci is napping & I'm trying to work. And I'm antsy again.
But I am feeling better, so that is great. Poor Luci is still not eating any solids (except puffs) and is getting a bit weak. She's still feisty, but the falls are more frequent & the tears come quickly. The poops situation remains not so fun...for either of us, I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment