ugh. Luci woke up on Saturday with a pretty significant fever...reaching 103+ if you believe our thermometer; we didn't...so we bought a rectal & an ear thermometer like the doctor has...so I think the highest it got was 102.8...which was high enough. Although her fever was high, her behavior was close to normal (except for a few extra tears now & then) so I wasn't too worried. Today her fever is lower (100.4 just before bed), but she was not at all playful today & tears came with every stumble...very unusual for our rough & tumble climber. It was EXTRA hard for me to leave her with the baby-sitter...who was watching her for the first time...to go be with Clay. The good news is that when she woke up from her PM nap she seemed a bit more herself.
The 'scope' went well, and his doctor assumes that whatever was going on his esophagus is on the mend, because he found just a few nodules in a higher spot than anticipated in the esophagus. So we think that is good news...that perhaps there was a big ulcer that was down lower, but it is healing so the doctor just saw a few remnants at what was the edge of the sore. Clay has been feeling better the last few days and started drinking meal replacements that helped him to build some strength back up.
Despite cancelling the party, Aunt Brooke, Uncle Sunidh & Mom & Dad helped Luci celebrate on Friday night. She loved the frosting but didn't care much for the cake! We hope to reschedule the party for next week sometime - photos to come! Sadly blogger isn't working at the moment or I'd post the first bite of frosting photos. Tomorrow!
1 comment:
It's so hard when the little ones are sick and they can't tell you what's wrong....and I agree...102.8 is high enough.
I'm glad that it looks like Clay is on the mend....how scary.
I have been praying like crazy for you all.
Post a Comment