Thursday, September 25, 2008

14 months






At 14 months, sitting still just isn't really an option. Unless she is just up from her nap...then maybe on Mom or Dad's lap, snack in hand, watching some Elmo. Other than that & you can forget about it. A few notes at 14 months...
-She drinks around 18oz whole milk/day from her sippy cup only.
-She just moved up to size 5 diapers
-Her size 5 shoes are rapidly becoming too small.
-Most of her clothing is 12-18mo or 18-24mo.
-Some days she needs 1 nap, some days 2. I thought today was going to be a 2 nap day, but she's been up there just hanging out for about an hour...so who knows. Often she goes down around 10a - 12p, and then sometimes around 3p or 4p. Usually she sleeps 3 hours on average during the day...today she's had only about 1.5 hours of sleep.
-She's trying MUCH harder to imitate sounds & words. Dad, Mom, Cuuu (cup), Caaaa (cat), Caaayyaa (Clara), fffff (frog), Baby (we aren't 100% sure she knows she's saying the word yet), Guuuhhh (Grandma or Grandpa), Oouuuuuwww (out), Shhhhhh (shoe), booo (dog...she's trying to make the dog noise I think...booouuuuf), mmmmm (can be hungry or yummy or what a cat says), ball (anything round), baaa (can be balloon or banana), and bewwweeee (berry).
-She doesn't sit in the stroller for more than about 20 minutes before becoming VERY unhappy.
-She loves to walk around the 'hood in her new car
-She's still really into moving things from one bucket to another...and then back again.
-She's eating pretty much anything & everything we eat...except spicy food & nuts & shellfish.
-I've been really lazy with letting her use a spoon, but I am going to start allowing her to do that next week...maybe ;)
-She can be quite snuggly buggly when she wants to be...and we love it.
-She can reach doorknobs now...and frequently does. Luckily she's not figured out how to open them.

Lulu & Dad made it through the week without me...and aside from a broken thing of Mom's here or there, everything made it through safe & sound & happy. I think lots of 'gonna getcha' was played with Dad...every time I sit on the floor to engage her she takes off running & giggling...turning back every so often just to see how close I am. She usually looks disappointed to see me still sitting, waiting for her to return to the puzzle or book I'm trying to interest her in. She's also traded out the pretend snapping while dancing to pretend piano playing...classical music was Dad's choice & apparently he plays a mean air piano worthy of imitation.

Meanwhile up in Chicago I had a FABULOUS few days with my girls. Lots of livin the old lifestyle while visiting Jen & Liz on Monday & Tuesday...and oh how I miss it. Downtown Chicago will forever have my heart...no matter how impractical for us as a family these days. On Wednesday I headed out to the 'burbs to see my friend Holly...livin the new lifestyle of suburban mom. Unfortunately the Determan family suffered a loss this week & our day was filled of catching up, grieving, and looking forward. My thoughts & prayers are still with them as they recover as a family over the coming days & months.

No comments: