Saturday, September 06, 2008

thirty one years

Luci has so many teeth coming in at once that she's always sticking that hand in her mouth & down her throat to the point that she starts gagging! Brave Grandma Pierse discovered molars coming in on both sides, on the top & on the bottom (Luci bites HARD). And she's also getting an incisor or canine tooth in on the bottom (can't remember which one).
The best toys are often not really toys at all....




Not Luci this time...but me! I turned 31 yesterday & it was a GREAT day. My sweet husband and his parents pampered me & catered to me ALL day. I did not touch ONE dirty dish! Maybe not even a clean dish! It's likely that not all of you can appreciate the significance of this...but for me it was a BIG BIG deal!

Grandma & Grandpa Pierse stayed with Luci while Clay & I went out for breakfast complete with a latte! After a fun playgroup Clay made lunch, and then his parents made the most delicious standing rib roast with twice baked potatoes, baby peas, sweet apples & home-made dinner rolls & bread for my birthday dinner. And then we had ice cream cake! And then they did ALL of the dishes!! It doesn't get any better than that!

My handsome husband bought me an attractive monogrammed tote bag (designed by me ;) so that I can keep the beach bag for the beach instead of dragging it along everywhere Luci goes, and then surprised me by dressing up our front porch with 3 gorgeous ferns. I've been pining for ferns to put on our front porch for about a year now, so it was a perfect gift. I'll be getting a pedicure here soon thanks to my fabulous in-laws, and my mom & dad got me a great piece of canvas art. And to make sure I had something to unwrap at dinner, my in-laws got me a few more 'bread & butter' items as they call them...a tea ball & a baster!


Birthday fun will continue on Thursday as my girlfriends & I take 2 on the birthday dinner. Our first try was interrupted by sweet baby Wally deciding he was ready to come out & play...and what a blessing that he'll hopefully be home with his mama today! I can't wait to meet this little fella!

4 comments:

Christi Bormann said...

Happy Birthday!
I'm so sorry for the delay. I thought about you all weekend. What a blessing to have so much love around you for your birthday. Makes all the difference, doesn't it?! Love, love, love the ferns. So thoughtful! Talk to you soon!
Love ya, CB

Holly said...

Agh!! I'm so messed up on my dates!! Happy Belated Birthday!! 31 years! I went to the park district today thinking our class started and it's not until next week. I need to get organized and look at a calendar more often!

Happy Birthday ;)

Scott, Holly & Noelle

beth said...

What a sweet "pea"!! Thanks for the advice. I will have to introduce prunes next.

Laura said...

Been meaning to comment for days now....where does the time go? Glad that you had a fabulous birthday...sounds like you really got the royal treatment-Good for you!!!! I'm looking forward to having ferns at my house one day!!!!!! They are beautiful!