Thursday, October 30, 2008

bloody lip

If you click on this & blow it up you might see a bit of a fat lip...but it really wasn't nearly as bad as I was afraid it might be.
This cat has an UNBELIEVABLE tolerance for our child. See the blood on Lil Luc's pant leg? poor sweet baby...

Ugh...Lil Luc got her first bloody lip today. She was playing on her little directors chair in the kitchen (hardwood floors), and all of the sudden I heard crying/screaming. I hung up on Clay & dashed over to find my baby face down on the hardwood floor...and I saw blood. I scooped her up & saw blood coming from her mouth...I put a wet cool paper towel on it...but it kept bleeding. I was terrified her tooth went through the lip...and I couldn't really see it because she was crying so hard...
So what did I do, you ask? Why, I ran down the street to Amanda's for help, of course! As soon as we got outside Luci stopped crying and started making her dog noise (there was a dog barking somewhere near-by) so that made me feel better immediately. And once we got to the Lawrences, Luci was so excited to see them that she was totally fine. Expect for the blood...which ended up all over Amanda's cream sweater (so sorry). Luckily Amanda had a 'boo boo buddy - jungle' that Luci was delighted to chew on, and sweet sweet Clara shared one of her favorite bears, Pink Bear, and the paci baby twins. We are SO lucky to have such great friends.

1 comment:

amanda said...

you're right...we are really cool, aren't we?! :)

your picture is sooo pretty!