Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Miss Luci was a Sugar Plum Fairy this year for Halloween. In addition to Pea, we also call her Sugar Plum...so it felt right. Does it look familiar? (Thank you Clara). She likes to be 'so pretty' (that is what I say when I put bows in her hair...so if you say anything is so pretty she thinks it goes in her hair ;), but doesn't like to leave the 'so pretty' accessories alone.


Luci & Eleanor in the wagon...their favorite thing to do immediately upon hanging out is to switch sippy cups. Literally, EVERY TIME.

Lil Luc had kind of a rough Halloween. She woke up at 6a with a monster poopy diaper that had adhered itself to her bottom :( It was all red & broken out...not sure if it had just been there too long or if it was because she had a bit of a strawberry yesterday. We gave her strawberries at 9mo and they resulted in a ROUGH diaper rash so we hadn't given them to her again...until yesterday. So it is back to no more strawberries for awhile. Then she had a rough time at playgroup (just generally fussy...we left early), and then woke up from her nap sobbing...which didn't stop, even when I picked her up & rocked her. We looked at books....still crying. Ugh. 20 minutes & some Tylenol later she seemed a bit better. We played until 5p when we walked down to Clara's on the way to the park. She did all right at the park, but was fading fast by 6:10p or so when we started the trick or treating. She rode in Eleanor & Caroline's wagon with Eleanor...when she started to fuss I decided that having a lollipop for the first time ever might make for more fun & pleasant times. It may have, but after a few minutes Trina noticed the lolli part had come off of the stick! I had to dig it out of her mouth & she was NOT happy about it...she was certain it was the best thing she'd ever had. We replaced it with another lollipop...but by that time she had totally melted down. We hit the second house & she decided she wanted out of the wagon...and she wanted to walk up to the door like all of the other kids, but she had no idea what to do when she got there! There were lots of big kids all around so I kind of scooped her up & took her back to the sidewalk. And at that time, she wrapped her tiny hand around my finger & started pulling me home...so off we went.
It was kind of a rough day, but she sure looked cute :)
My only real complaints for the day were the mosquitoes & the heat. And the heat really wasn't bad, but I did sweat (ew, I know) carrying my heavy child all over the 'hood. Compared to cold rainy Halloween memories of my childhood, I guess it shouldn't seem so bad.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

She was so cute last night!! Her and Hadley coordinated...but they almost matched exactly as I was eyeing that costume before finding the one she was. Cute, cute, cute!

amanda said...

i have some pics for you...one cute one documenting that very first lolly!