Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's a....

BOY!! This is looking up from the bottom...those are his little legs, and in the middle is his little boy part! I'm sure some day he'll be less than thrilled to find out that his mama displayed his stuff all over Internet :)
Sweet profile. His nose is up against the placenta...the tech said he might be a nuzzler/snuggler...
Waving to his big sister Luci :). He has a thumb...it is just hiding.
Sweet baby toes.
Our ultrasound was this morning and we found out we are having a boy! Both of us had kind of thought it was a girl for some unknown reason and were kind of shocked. The tech told us at the beginning that she was not allowed to tell us the measurements or if the baby was healthy...that we'd have to wait for the radiologist to read the report and then for Dr. Johnson to let us know the results. That being said, her demeanor gave us hope that all was well...she said he had all his parts & that he was measuring within days of the due date and told us congratulations...so I'm hopeful that all is well. I have an appointment with Dr. Johnson on Thursday at 4p so hopefully she'll have the report by then.
Luci seemed to have adjusted to the news by the time we arrived home (we went out for breakfast afterwards, just like after finding out she was a girl), despite insisting for the last few weeks that sweet babypea was a sister. She turned 2 over the weekend & her big party was yesterday...more to come on that of course!
Also stay tuned for the big name announcement! :)

6 comments:

Lacey said...

OHHHH Britt, I am so excited for you guys!! I am so thrilled that everything seemed to look great and that you will get to experience both pink and blue!! Hooray!!! Congrats to you and your family!!!

Laura said...

Congratulations!!!!! Either would have been great, of course, but I can definitely tell you that I have a very special sweet place in my heart for my little guy. I'm so happy for you and your little boy!!!! How fun!

Joe said...

Congratulations! Boys are super fun. Happy B-day to my birthday twin Luci!

parsonsfamily said...

Yea! Our boy will have a little buddy so close in age! So happy for you guys.

Kelly Wu said...

Congratulations Godbrother & Kappa sister. By any chance will the name be Clayton Douglass Pierse, Jr? Call him Chip for short....he'll definitely be a chip off the old block!

Marilyn said...

How fabulous!! I have been thinking about y'all and have to admit that I guessed a girl--have a happy day--what a joy-- I am just so excited for you..see you soon
Marilyn (Clara and Wally's MarMar)