Thursday, August 13, 2009

big girl bed adventures

Sleep time (as Luci calls it) has become quite unpredictable these days. Yesterday she slept from 1:30p to 4:45p...with nap time ending because I woke her up for fear she wouldn't sleep last night!

Yet today she's still not asleep now...and she's been up there 30 minutes. Books were read (or more accurately narrated in our own words), prayers were said, and I left the room. I went to change into my comfy clothes...wondering how it's possible to be this big with 1/2 of the pregnancy still to go when I see Luci creep to the end of her bed on the monitor. I see her starting to climb down - to which I yell "Mama sees you...stay in bed!" Before I know it I hear her trying to turn the door knob (thank you Safety First child proofing) yelling "HEH-YELP, HEH-YELP!" (her new way of saying help. she used to say it correctly...no idea where this goofy version came from). "ROCK-A-BABY TREETOP! ROCK-A-BABY TREETOP! HEH-YELP HEH-YEEEELLLLLLLP!"

I opened her door and she ran as fast as she could into her rocker. We rocked for all of 15 seconds before she proclaimed "BED!" So I put her back into bed...where she remains, despite some wall kicking and arm & feet flailing. Ugh. I miss the crib.

No comments: