I'm getting quite tardy, aren't I? I'm going to blame it on the birthday party for which too many crafts were undertaken, and the fairly large couples baby shower I'm throwing (along with my silent partner sister Brooke) for my little brother Ben, his wife Chelsi and their sweet baby girl...in Iowa this weekend...planned from Texas. We head out on Thursday afternoon for Iowa and I'm just hoping the little space that exists on the airplane stays over the next couple of days. We are stuck flying into Minneapolis as car rentals in Des Moines are like $100/day. Minneapolis is fine, and I actually prefer that drive, but the flight is an hour longer...which can seem like forever when you are on said flight with a 2 year old. Ugh.
But, I digress. This post is about Luci....being two. Or, twos, as she says. Twos, dos, twos, dos. (We might watch Handy Manny some mornings).
Stats at two...
Weight: 26.8lbs...50%
Height: 34 1/8 inches...75%-90%
Head: 19 inches...75%
BMI: 16.17...50% (who knew they measured this at two?)
Notes at two...
-my favorite new thing is that she tells me how she's feeling...Luci happy! Luci sad. Luci mad. Luci sleepy.
-my favorite new thing is that she tells me how she's feeling...Luci happy! Luci sad. Luci mad. Luci sleepy.
-She loves her daddy. He spent 6 days with the Navy and got home Monday...and Luci woke up yesterday morning saying "Awake! Happy! Daddya Home! Happy!"
-Whenever there is a lull in conversation or activity she crosses her arms and says, "So. Now What?"
-When I ask her what she wants to do the response is either play! or show! or eat time! Never ever is it bath, nap, or bed.
-She has started to tell us no diapey change. We've explained all she has to do is sit on the potty and we can get rid of the diapers. To which she responds "no potty".
-She loves to add an "a" on the end of some words. Homa. Daddy-a. Wally-a.
-Our poor, poor cats. Luci has realized they are an interactive play thing and that she is the bigger force. She screams MYOH, MYOH, MYOH (Milo, Milo, Milo) as loud as she can whenever she seems him. In turn though, our cats seem to have realized that she should know better than to mess with them and that if she does it is now fair game to fight back...one of them is going to get her any day now. And Clay & I are totally fine with it. Milo will stick his paw out & make a swipe but so far not with claws...to which Luci gets pouty and says, "Myoh gotcha gotcha"...as in Milo got me! We'll see how she changes her tune when one of them does get her!
-When not watched on a video monitor she will absolutely get out of bed & run around her room. And empty all of her drawers. And stand on her nightstand...which causes it to tip over & land on her...an experiment she's up for repeating unless mama sees it on the monitor and runs right in.
-Whenever there is a lull in conversation or activity she crosses her arms and says, "So. Now What?"
-When I ask her what she wants to do the response is either play! or show! or eat time! Never ever is it bath, nap, or bed.
-She has started to tell us no diapey change. We've explained all she has to do is sit on the potty and we can get rid of the diapers. To which she responds "no potty".
-She loves to add an "a" on the end of some words. Homa. Daddy-a. Wally-a.
-Our poor, poor cats. Luci has realized they are an interactive play thing and that she is the bigger force. She screams MYOH, MYOH, MYOH (Milo, Milo, Milo) as loud as she can whenever she seems him. In turn though, our cats seem to have realized that she should know better than to mess with them and that if she does it is now fair game to fight back...one of them is going to get her any day now. And Clay & I are totally fine with it. Milo will stick his paw out & make a swipe but so far not with claws...to which Luci gets pouty and says, "Myoh gotcha gotcha"...as in Milo got me! We'll see how she changes her tune when one of them does get her!
-When not watched on a video monitor she will absolutely get out of bed & run around her room. And empty all of her drawers. And stand on her nightstand...which causes it to tip over & land on her...an experiment she's up for repeating unless mama sees it on the monitor and runs right in.
-She loves to 'swim' in the bath tub...which means laying (or lying, I'm not even going to pretend to know) down on her back or on her belly.
-She no longer tolerates having books read to her. SHE must hold the book. SHE must turn the page...and her OWN speed. So I just ask questions about whatever page she happens to feel like looking at...and when I'm ready to be done I ask her to find something that I know is on the last page...cause I'm sneaky like that.
-She loves her Grandma & Grandpa Pierse and Grammy & Grandpy Rosonke. And knows the difference between them.
-She has a little crush on two very crush worthy men...Mr. Jamie (Clara's dad) and Mr. Drew (Aunt Baylee's very long term boyfriend). Her dad finds this less amusing than I do.
-She is excited to have a little brother or sister. And since we've found out said sibling is a brother she only calls him sister a few times a day.
-She is learning to be gentle around the belly...and when she kicks me I tell her she's hurting brother. And then she says "sorry brother", and hugs my giant belly. It is sweet...till she kicks again...and then I wonder how genuine the whole display is.
-She can be sweet as can be, and turn on a dime. She's not afraid to hit either of her parents in the face, and then look at us with this smiley poker face. To say it is infuriating would be an understatement.
-She absolutely understands when she isn't supposed to do something and does it anyway...sometimes she'll even put herself in time out.
-Time out doesn't seem to bother her in the least. I think we need to up the time she has to sit & get better at ignoring her pleas of sorrow & kisses.
-Right now she is SUPER excited to head to Grammy's House tomorrow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment