Thursday, August 20, 2009

another one

Not-to-be due date that is. #2. Babies 3 & 4. Two sweet baby girls based on the chromosomal testing we had done (which came back normal). Only for a few hours back in January did I actually contemplate what life could be like right now. Obviously when we found out there were two we also found out they were probably not well. But for the weeks before that, I thought we'd be welcoming another child into our earthly family about now.

Today has been easier than the last due date was five months ago...mostly because I'm filled with peace knowing that in less than five months from now (God willing, as always) we'll be holding our sweet boy. With every kick (and there are lots of them...he's an active one) he reminds me that he is the earthly child we were meant to have. Yet that human part of me still can't help but wish I could have all of our babies here with me to hold.

Luci met her teachers today and I was the only weepy mom in the room. It wasn't even her first day & I got weepy! She did great though, and was extra sweet to me after we returned home from school...it isn't often that I get unsolicited hugs & kisses...yet somehow today she must have known I needed them. We played with our good friends the Lawrences this afternoon and I'm grateful that the day flew by. Her vocabulary is growing by leaps & bounds and her associations & generalizations are always cracking me up. Tonight on the way home it was raining really hard...about half way home during a particularly hard rain she proclaimed "CRUNCHY!". And then when we got in the house and she was having a hard time taking her shoes off she shouted "HEAVY!" Thank you for being you, sweet girl.

1 comment:

amanda said...

aren't those little things just amazing?...sometimes they can be such challenges, but they always amaze us . and they always seem to know when we need a little extra love time. i'm even more thrilled that you stayed for dinner last night now... :) hugs. :)