Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Productive.

Reading her book...Loving her trampoline!
Going to the one not allowed spot...of course.
Jump...
Jump!

Productive with a capital P. My very long list of personal admin has for the most part been completed this week. Amazing what a few forgone mama naps will accomplish. I've been so on task I haven't posted for awhile...

Aunt Baylee & Grandma Myrtle the Great were here last weekend & we LOVED having them. Unfortunately, I am a terrible mother/sister/granddaughter, and forgot to get the camera out even ONCE! And Aunt Baylee is leaving the country this week for a year or more! What is wrong with me?!?!?! Ugh. I'm disgusted with myself and just thinking about it makes me want to cry. I think it's not as much the photos as Baylee leaving for a year. Not that we won't be able to talk or email, but still...a year is a long time. Living far away from siblings is such a bummer...I am proud of our endeavors & ambition, but it SUCKS that living in different time zones seems to be a necessary by-product. Luci is still talking about Aunt Baylee & Myrtle the Great a week later...she misses them, for sure. We did lots of fun things like going out for breakfast, coloring both my hair & Grandma's hair blond from a box at Kroger (mine was not a big hit...Grandma looked great, on the other hand), and shopping. It was tons of fun...thanks for coming!

I also turned 32 last weekend. Or thirty-twos as Luci would say. Baylee took Grandma & me out for breakfast & Clay took me out for a LOVELY dinner while Baylee & Grandma Myrtle watched Luci for us. It was great...thank you all!

Preschool continued much as it did the first two weeks. I didn't get any calls to come pick her up, but she cried pretty much from the moment she woke up until I handed her off to Miss L. And I'm sure she continued crying but I didn't stick around to find out. Miss L & Miss A told me she cried on & off the whole time - and when I asked if it was more good than bad, they said it was a toss up. Ugh. I almost called it a day on Thursday morning...I wasn't sure if I could keep doing it. She is legitimately scared. And I know she doesn't need to go to. But I really want her to want to go. I really want the time to pick up some extra hours at work before the baby comes, and maybe even after if Gus's naps cooperate. Luci needs a LOT of stimulation & engagement these days, and selfishly I love the idea of having someone else do it while I get a few hours to myself. Preschool is really all about me, and I get that. And it makes me feel all the more guilty that she is terrified...cause that is due to me too! I was too scared to leave her at the Y or with babysitters, so of course she is terrified at school...how could I expect her not to be? Miss L assures me that given I've never left Luci with anyone other than close friends or grandparents that her behavior is totally normal. They've not suggested that it is time to call it a year yet so I'm going to give it at least another month. Ugh.

And this week Grandma Pierse gets to give it a go. She's staying with Luci while Clay & I hit Portland Monday - Thursday. We are excited to really check out the area and see if it might be the place for us. But my heart is definitely feeling an extra tug knowing the issues she's having with school...

No comments: