Sunday, September 27, 2009

catching up: lulu pea


changing 'brother baby's' diaper... eat time, brother baby...


hmmm...we might have to work on how we holdyou brother baby...



The girl has lots of nicknames, what can I say? Lu, Lulu, Luce, and of course the real deal Luci. Just don't call her by Lucia...I'm not sure if she'll answer!

She's more & more conversational by the day, constantly cracking Clay & me up. Some of our favorites include endearing mispronunciations...

weh-yo - yellow
hhnail - snail
hhmile face - smile face
hhning - swing
ipsey pider - itsy bitsy spider
wots & wots o peoples - there are a lot of people
quiz-key - squeaky
My-yo - Milo

Other favorite phrases?
Carryou? - will you carry me?
Mama Holdyou? - will you hold me, Mama?
Luci holdyou? - when I have something she wants to hold
yes daughter.
wook at me, wook at me - look at me, look at me (while cupping my chin with her hands so that I look at her)
Car first [with one finger up] (whenever we talking about going anywhere that requires us getting in the car)
I catch me! - I'm going to catch you


If you were a fly on our wall you may have recently heard...
i miss daddya too.
daddy work. take-a-people-a-grandmas house. see Asher, see Myrtle the Great.
deep-in-a-heart-Texas.
make-a-picture-grandma. cedem (a type of flower at Grandma's).
Let's go see fishes! (Grandma & Grandpa Pierse have a little fish pond in their yard).
Somebody-a-cryian. a baby. homa, miss mama. (hearing a baby cry).
Mom hing (sing). Mom no hing.
Mom talk. (wanting me to read a book from across the room while she holds it).
Look at me stuff, I'm-a-jumpin you! (talking to her artwork hanging on the wall while she jumps on the trampoline).
Let's go let's go!
She's starting to sing along to songs and repeat stretches of books.
-I got, I got, I got I got Loco Leeeeggs (from The Freshbeats)
-Nothin, nothin, nothin, nothin. (From The Cat in the Hat)
-She has a big sister book that she was reciting as she was playing with her baby doll the other day. "Too little a walk. Too little a talk. Too little a apples ice cream no pizza."

Oh...and she's OBSESSED with Dr. Seuss & The Cat in the Hat. And the Sneetches. And Green Eggs & Ham. She seriously can't get enough of the book or the movie. Luckily the 1957 video has lots of catchy tunes that keep Clay & me singing for days...

Her concept of time (or lack thereof) is really interesting. She knows the things we do during the day, and that bathtime and naptime come shortly after meals but has no concept of time throughout the day. Example? This AM after breakfast she said sleeptime? No sleeptime. And after lunch she might proclaim it bathtime. She does get that when it is dark out that it is sleeptime. I think she gets tomorrow, because if we talk about tomorrow being a school day she knows the next morning right away as she wakes up that she's going to go see Miss A & Miss L. But if I go out for dinner before she goes to bed, she wakes up the next morning and thinks I'm still out playing with my friends. She also is VERY excited for her friend Eleanor's birthday party and I keep having to tell her it is in a couple of weeks. I'm quite sure she has NO idea what this means, but she doesn't like it.

No comments: