Thursday, June 07, 2007

34 Weeks

Yesterday was my 34 weeks appointment with Dr. Beena. I was up 2lbs from the prior week, but I think it is because Clay & I went to Johnny Rockets for burgers & fries before the appointment. That is what I'm going to tell myself anyway! Other than that she again confirmed Luci is still sky high & showing no signs of joining us anytime soon. That being said, Clay seems to think she's dropped just a bit in the last few days, and I have been feeling a new pain in my extreme lower belly. Dr. Beena's nurse agreed that Luci may have dropped a bit, but Dr. Beena says, nope - I'm measuring at 34 weeks and if I'd dropped my fundal height would be shrinking, not growing still. We spoke with her a bit more regarding the delivery & she is supportive of our 'minimal intervention' request. We also told her we'd like to donate the cord blood to a public bank so she is making arrangements for that. She suggested Clay & I work up a birth plan so that we don't have to tell the hospital staff over & over what we want. Her C-Section rate is only 7%...which is VERY impressive, especially given the US average is something like 30%. She is also fine with me not having an IV as long as I don't have Strep B (tested for this yesterday) and am willing to have a heplock in case we need to start an IV quickly. Also I only need to wear the electronic fetal monitor for 10 minutes an hour instead of for the entire labor, which is is also great. Many care providers aren't this flexible. Have I mentioned how happy I am that she is my doctor?

We also had our 3rd Bradley class last night, which means we are already 1/2 way done with them! Amanda has graciously agreed to be the back up coach should Clay be piloting a 737 somewhere when Luci decides to enter the world, so she joined us last night & will hopefully be joining us going forward. We cannot thank her enough for her friendship & support...it is very comforting to both Clay & me that if he can't be there she'll be my rock & advocate. So thanks AGAIN to Amanda, and thanks Jamie for being on Clara duty. What would we do without you guys?

4 comments:

The Tankborns said...

So glad to hear that the 34 week check-up went well. Sounds like you are having fun celebrating Luci's upcoming arrival with friends... and getting lots-o-loot for the little one. :) I'm thinking about all three of you a ton as the big date nears! Love the photos... keep them coming. You look great!

Lori said...

I agree you look great and have wonderful friends. I can't wait for the big day!
love mom

Lori said...

I am so excited! I got this to work:)

debra said...

Brit,
I love the updates! You look so good and are very fortunate to have met so many generous and kind friends.
It has been fun to read your updates. I relive some of my pg experiences and the memory of these miracles help me to weather the storm of raising teenagers!!!
So THANKS!!