Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Happy Birthday to soon to be Grandma Rosonke

My mom turns 50 today!! Happy Birthday Mom!! I woke up this morning thinking about my Grandma Halvorson, and I have an appreciation for how she must have felt 50 years ago today. Although I bet she was probably a little better prepared than I am given she'd already had 2 kids. It is bonkers to think of her being as excited to meet my mom as I am to meet Luci. And it is even more bonkers to think of Luci, someday being as excited to welcome her first born into the world as I am.

Today I woke up the puffiest yet...my wedding band has become a pinky ring, and even my beloved Croc flipflops are leaving indentations on the top of my feet. The dreaded stretch marks have arrived and the bottom of my belly looks as though I've been attacked by something with giant claws covered in purple paint. I guess that is par for the course when the heat index is 97 degrees at 10:45am, and when you grow a big healthy baby in what used to be a somewhat smallish (small-er, anyway) belly...

2 comments:

The Tankborns said...

Hey there! Please send your mom happy b-day wishes from me. I was a bit under the weather on Sunday, but I'm feeling much better now, so we need to catch up. I'll try calling you later today.

Tell Clay congratulations on his promotion!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Lori! This will be a great year for you - especially welcoming your first grandbaby in just a few weeks - What a way to begin a new year!

Many happy returns of the day!
Barb