Sunday, July 15, 2007

Cranky

Well we are still here, just hanging out...waiting. Thanks to all of you who have called to check up on me and I apologize for not being very good at returning calls lately...I'm too cranky. Physically I've been having cramps & belly tightening fairly regularly since Wednesday at 4pm. They are tiring, but not painful per se...just uncomfortable & taxing. Yesterday the cramps were quite bad & I burst into tears at one point telling Clay she was never going to come out & play. He was very sweet and suggested we get out of the house and go for a drive...so we did & it was a welcome distraction. This morning I woke up with more cramping & belly tightenings about 10 minutes apart. It was raining & we fell back asleep, only to awake to belly tightenings every 3 - 5 minutes. I didn't think it could be the real thing because I wasn't in much pain, but we both got very excited & hopeful. After about 90 minutes of these 3 - 5 minute tightenings we called Dr. Johnson...who told us that if I could talk through the tightening that this was not the real thing. Needless to say we were both BUMMED...and now I'm even more cranky from the letdown of it all. I'm trying really hard to stay positive & focused on how lucky and blessed we are, because I do know we truly are. She'll come on her own time when she's ready, and as Clay keeps reminding me I'm not even due until Wednesday. So my new approach is to just assume she won't be here until a week from Wednesday...at that point given the induction I know we won't have too much farther to go. So that's my current plan...we'll keep you all posted. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby Luci is one blessed baby - almost ready to come into this world to two parents who love her and who love each other. Cranky - pooh. You probably don't know how to be cranky! And what a nice husband you have ;)
It's all right.

The Tankborns said...

I can't believe she's almost here! Liz and I were betting on your delivery date and today is the day I bet you'd have her. I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep checking the blog. :) Stay positive and don't hesitate to call if you need anything. Perhaps you should make yourself a cold meat sandwhich or a Maidrite. :)

Love to you both,
Jenny