Thank you all so much for your kind comments & voicemail messages....gives me warm fuzzies to know we have so many caring friends & family. We are trying REALLY hard to stay patient, but it is hard!! We went to the doctor yesterday at 2pm and didn't arrive home until after 7pm. When we got to Dr. Johnson's I finally got to go into the fancy room with the leather recliner. I had seen pregnant moms go in there before, but never quite knew how you managed to get the recliner room...well, you just have to be full term! Once in the recliner you get hooked up to the fetal monitor that charts the baby's heart beat & the mom's contractions. I was having fairly regular contractions (which we knew), but Luci's heart beat wasn't behaving quite as expected. So...after a brief exam that revealed that I'm only 1.5 cm dilated (.5 cm progress in a week - boo) despite all of these contractions we were sent over to the hospital to have a bio-physical profile of Luci done via ultrasound. Basically both Luci & I are working really hard but just not getting anywhere, so Dr. Johnson wanted to make sure Luci was tolerating these non productive contractions all right. Clearly we still both have a lot of work to do, and Dr. Johnson wanted to make sure we are both still doing well and will have the strength for active labor once it finally hits.
The ultrasound took FOREVER. The first lady was pushing on my stomach super hard & it really hurt. Then she called in the big guns & another lady did the whole thing over. Apparently when a baby is full term & so big it creates lots of shadows that make it difficult to get the job done. The second lady was much more gentle, and finally at 7pm the event was over. We got a call just now letting us know that Luci appears to be totally fine hanging out in there, scoring an 8 out of 8 for well being. So no eviction notice being served yet - she has until Wednesday the 25th to come on her own accord. Tomorrow we go back to see Dr. Johnson for more monitoring, and then we have another ultrasound to estimate how big our baby girl is. I'll post another update tomorrow afternoon. Until then, keep praying for labor pain...I hear pain is a good thing at this point.
1 comment:
Hey there! I had a dream that you had Luci last night... so, I had to check out the blog this morning to make sure you weren't telepathically communicating to me. :) When I think about how happy you were in the dream after seeing Luci, it makes me tear up. I'm sure there will be many tears of joy when she finally decides to join us. Glad to hear the ultrasound went well. Keep us posted! I guess I'll pray for pain... feel a little wierd about doing that... but you asked for it. :)
Love ya,
Jenny
Post a Comment