Thursday, October 18, 2007

From Frumpy to Fresh

Swinging that ladybug all over!
The furrowed brow...she doesn't love the camera. She really is a very smiley baby...I just never capture it on film!
Pondering her next move...
Going for the duck!
Here she's done with the duck & is about ready to cry...

Well today I'm sportin my new 'do...thus the title of this post...from frumpy to fresh. Sportin it at home for Luci only though, as we had near record temp's here today deep in the heart of Texas. Still in the mid 90's as we near the end of October...ick. I am in desperate need of a cool breeze! But, unlike my hair, I can't control the weather. So back to my hair. I chopped it all into a Katie Holmes-ish bob...and I love it!! Hopefully Clay will like it too...he's off acting as LCDR Pierse this week (soon to be just CDR Pierse ;) and won't be back until late Sunday. We miss him!!

Miss Luci hung out with our dear friends Amanda and Clara while I got my hair done yesterday...she did fine, but really made Amanda work for it. Sounds like the first hour she was pretty fussy & unhappy but then came around after a nap in Amanda's arms. Thanks again Amanda. For those of you who would like to check out the often talked about Lawrence Family here is their blog address: http://laurel-tree.blogspot.com/. Amanda was the original blogger...I'm just a copy cat!

Miss Luci is doing just fine at 12 weeks and 1 day. I wonder when I'll lose track of the weeks? She is getting SUPER strong, and for two days in a row now has kept her head level with her back while being pulled to the upright seated position. She's scootin all over the place on her back, but when on her tummy she still pretty content just to hang out. She spends much of her day batting at toys and picking them up, but only to drop them before they make it to her mouth. I have a feeling we'll be needing some mouth friendly toys very soon!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love the pictures of Luci...want to see pictures of the new hair!!!!!

Holly said...

Send pics of new hair!