My baby has learned to scoot! I noticed it a few nights ago as I was wrapping her in her the Amazing Miracle Blanket (which - btw - is STILL amazing!) and as I lifted her to tuck her little arms in she pushed off with her feet & scooted back 3 inches. She's done it each night since, and today she did it to express displeasure (it was accompanied with a low pitched groan/yell that started soft & got louder by the end of the scoot) while lying on the Amanda Blanket (the lovely blanket Amanda made for Luci...so many blankets they each need a name). She is quite an expressive little baby and I am pretty good at figuring out what she wants now - and if I can't I usually decide she doesn't know either and it therefore must be nap time!
She is getting really strong and can hold her head up for extended periods now...and even when she gets tired she doesn't want to stop trying. I used to put her on my legs at a 45 degree angle with my knees bent (using the ottoman) and chat her up, but now she REFUSES to just chill out...she tries to sit up every time! Today she did NOT want to be on her back on the Amanda Blanket...she wanted to sit up! So in the Bumbo Chair she went. She was good for 2 minutes and then the head started to slump, but oh no, she let me know she wasn't ready to give up yet when she screamed the minute I put her back down on the Amanda Blanket. Back in the Bumbo she went...happily!
She has definitely figured out she has a mouth and is discovering she controls her arms & hands & fingers. A few days ago she started to reach out & touch my arm while I change her diaper...at first I thought it was unintentional, but she's done it a few times since then...and it melts my heart! She reaches out to toys now too...kind of knocks them over & then looks at them some more. And if any make it near her mouth she tries to eat them...not by picking up the toy and bringing it to her mouth, but by trying to bring her mouth to the toy! She's figuring it out though...and it is SO fun to watch!!
I FINALLY am up for some physical exertion...we've been walkin fools the last few days. The weather has dried out a bit (as I told Clay...it feels like a Midwest summer day!), and while still hot (upper 80's) there is actually a hint of a breeze and the humidity is tolerable. I don't know if the change in the weather finally invigorated me or if my disgusting belly just finally started to get to me, but we've been walking between 3 and 5 miles a day since Wednesday. And as soon as Miss Luci wakes up we are walking to Kroger to buy some butter. I was pleasantly surprised to see rhubarb in the store earlier this week so I'm making a rhubarb crisp...the Lawrence Family has never had rhubarb...which is a terrible shame...so I'm changing that today!
3 comments:
Those photos are dear - especially the last one! What an expressive face our little Luci Rose has! We're looking forward to seeing it again in person.
It sounds as though she's in the first stages of learning how to crawl - only upside down (!) with the scooting on her back. She is an adventuress already.
The daily walk sounds great, and the neighborhood (plus Kroger's) is a pleasant area for walking. Soon Miss Clara will want to show Luci the turtles.
Luci is just adorable. I just love hearing about the new "adventures" she has. The funny faces just crack me..I'm sure she'll appreciate those when she gets older.
I'm so jealous of the warm weather you still have. Pretty nice here today, but getting colder and colder each week.
just for the record, the rhubarb (sp?) crisp was a surprisingly big hit for the lawrences! :)
Post a Comment