My Lucipea is very tired today...we are trying VERY hard to break the swaddle habit. She's a rollin machine now, and we are worried she'll roll over to her tummy while swaddled in her crib & not be able to pick herself up to breathe if she gets in a bad spot. Grandma Pierse took the first & most difficult shift on Monday night in the sleep sack (like a sleeveless blanket thingy) while I was at yoga, so there is no going back now. She often rolls over to her tummy before falling asleep. I know we all slept on our tummies and are just fine, but I am just very anxious about all of it. Her pediatrician said if she rolls to her tummy on her own we should just let her. But she can only roll onto her tummy, not onto her back, so I worry she might get stuck on her tummy; but at least her arms are free. She also keeps getting her feet stuck between the railings and she finds that very distressing. Poor Pea. Brooke had a 6 month old SIDS victim in the ER a few days ago...which is just heartbreaking...makes me cry just thinking about it. I pray for that baby's parents, and I can only hope & pray that Luci will be safe, and that I'm doing the right thing for her.
In other news, my pea is ready to brave the Midwest! We are hoping to make it up to Indiana this weekend for Edinburgh's Festival of Lights. Wish us luck for Luci's first flight! Here she is modeling her new gear...
1 comment:
thanks so much Brit - reading your blog and seeing pictures of your beautiful baby girl always starts my day off with a smile!!
OMG!! Tessa just realized that I am a Great-Aunt. EWWWW! Does that really make me Old?
Post a Comment