Friday, May 30, 2008

the best laid plans

My friend Christina (baby Rachel's momma) & I finally summoned up the courage to leave our girls at the YMCA child care while we attend a fitness class. We've been talking about it for weeks...months, really...so we finally picked an 'abs & back' class for this morning. It was only 25-30 minutes, so we thought it would be a good, nice, short intro to child care for us & our girls. The class started at 9:15a; we were going to meet there at 8:50a, play with the girls in the child care area & get them all set, and then go off to work on our abs. Luci usually gets up between 6a & 7a, so that gave me time to get her breakfast but still be home for morning nap time. What a wonderful plan!

So imagine my surprise, when Milo, not Luci, wakes me up at 8:15a this morning. What?!?!?!? 8:15a?!?!? My child NEVER sleeps until 8:15a. Even if I had woken her up immediately I would not have had time to get her breakfast & make it there by 8:50a. Ugh. So I call Christina & let her know we'll have to try again next week. The great thing is that we have very similar parenting styles...she just said that this is the way it goes with babies & how wonderful that I'm so well rested. Luci finally woke up at 8:40a....which was late enough that I had time to empty the dishwasher & make coffee, so that was nice.

And now, just for kicks, here are some more photos:

This is her 'serious as a lawyer*' face with Uncle Keith & Aunt Lee
*when Clay was a kiddo and he meant business, he used to say he was as serious as a lawyer...
Luci Tuesday night in the Houston airport after a long day of travel. She always kicks her foot out the side like this.Another photo from the 10 month shoot...
this face totally cracks me up! she is skeptical of mr. bear I guess!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Hey, I can meet you at the Y sometime too. Yes, I've already left Hadley there. It figures she'd sleep in the one time you assume she'd wake up normal time, right? That seems to be how it always goes.