Thursday, June 05, 2008

rough day

This is the face I saw ALL day today...and it is not a happy face... Later in the day...
A few days ago with Dad...she really, really hates the orange glow of the camera!
Eating salmon....happy girl!
Super happy! Salmon is SO yummy! Especially with peas!

Ugh....we had a rough day today. She woke up at 7a, ate a great breakfast, and then during playtime she fell over for no reason & hit her head...leading to the second goose egg in 2 days. Ugh. By 9a she was rubbing her eyes...so we went upstairs, read some books, and then she started squirming like loon! So I sang a song, hummed a song, and then proceeded to say Hail Mary's (usually her dad's trick). She continued to stand up & jump around her crib. So I left. And she cried...for 20 minutes. I went back in & rocked her...then put her back down...and she cried for another 20 minutes....we repeated this for 90 minutes!! At 10:26a I decided to brush my teeth (I wait until after my coffee to brush my teeth...gross, I know) and then go get her. And when I was done she was finally quiet. Poor baby...I felt terrible.

After that she just wasn't happy all day. We went to Walgreens just to get out of the house and buy some diaper cream, as she has the worst rash she's ever had. And she's been really wobbly lately for some reason...SO many bruises! I don't know what is going on with her...teeth maybe?

But she did something super cute in the bath that I want to remember...we were splashing & making waves & little bubbles with our hands...and she kept trying to grab the bubbles...and then she look in her little fist & there wouldn't be anything in there...and she'd look confused...then we'd do it all over again!

On a brighter note, I've finally found a few things she likes to eat. Meat & potatoes! She's a Midwestern girl at heart ;)! She loves hamburger (porcupine meatball anyone?), chicken breast, and her ultimate fav...canned red salmon! She LOVED the salmon! I also made a home-made mac-n-cheese with cauliflower...she was okay with it...but wasn't as impressed as I had hoped she'd be.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Poor Luci..I hope she starts to feel like herself soon. That is so great that she's such a good eater. Neither of my girls will eat meat....veggies, fruits, pasta..that's it.