Monday, July 21, 2008

busy

we had quite a weekend...and not in a good way. our good friends lost their unborn baby at week 14, and clay had a severe allergic reaction to some anti-malaria meds he was prescribed by the navy. luckily we have great friends...everybody is looking out for one another and that makes a HUGE difference. we've had lots of friends over for play dates...i'll post some photos & videos of those tomorrow.

as for dear husband...i finally talked clay into hitting a private er on sunday night and in 2 hours he managed to get a chest x-ray, ekg, blood drawn, and an iv. it is my new favorite medical establishment! talk about efficient! the malaria prevention med he was taking got stuck in his esophagus & he has developed an esophageal ulcer as a result. he really hasn't been able to eat or drink since late thursday and has been in a great deal of pain (in fact this is re-calibrating his pain scale it is so bad). luckily he gets to take a 'gi cocktail' a few times a day that numbs things up enough that he can drink a bit of water. just today he finally seems to be interested enough in food to smell what luci & i are eating. poor thing...i'd have been in tears for the last 4 days if i were him. this afternoon he put me on notice...as soon as he's better he's going on a 'food frenzy'!

all of this action has not slowed our luci down one bit! she's as bonkers as ever...

2 comments:

Christi Bormann said...

Hi Guys!
I'm glad Clay is making a turn around with his reaction. That doesn't sound fun at all!
I'm so sorry to hear about your friends. I know you've been praying so hard for them and have been a great support to them. They are blessed to have friends like you during this very tough time. I'm thinking about all of you and have you in my prayers.

Love ya tons, CB

Laura said...

I was so sad to hear about the Oswicks. You all are so lucky to have such great friends right "next door"---wish we had there here. I'm also very glad that Clay is recovering....how totally bizarre and scary. Thinking of you all often.