Tuesday, November 04, 2008

a lil sick

Luci has been sick since Saturday. Friday was a rough, rough day for her...and I now know it was because she wasn't feeling well. On Saturday she woke up from her nap SCREAMING and no amount of rocking or singing or soothing I did calmed her down for almost 20 minutes. Same thing a few times that night, and on Sunday morning. Around 10a on Sunday I was getting her ready for church & she fell asleep after about 2 minutes in the rocker...which I was doing only to soothe her after she screamed during a diaper change (her bottom was still sore...all better now :). She slept until after 12p & woke with a 102 fever. boo. Later in the day she napped again, waking with a 102.5 fever. We had our share of Tylenol & fussies, and then her fever broke around 1a on Monday morning....which was good timing because Grammy Rosonke arrived on Sunday night!

Monday she seemed to be doing a bit better but I took her to the doctor regardless...I really, really thought she had her first ear infection (she had & still has been tugging on them a bit...but I think it is just sinus pressure back there). She did not. Her ears 'looked great', but the doctor was still worried about some sort of an infection so we did a urinalysis & a finger poke just to run some tests...which all came back normal. He was concerned because the fever started a few days after her fussiness/congestion...I guess that seemed strange and I love that he was so thorough.
She seems to be doing better today...still a little fussy & her nose is congested & driving her NUTSO. She rubs it & scowls & whines...the expressions on her face would be funny if I didn't know that she was so miserable.

I haven't taken any photos since Halloween...she's just not been in the mood. These are from Friday morning...you can see her eyes are a little 'off'...I should have known! The Elmo slippers are hers, but the PJs are her friend Caroline's...thanks Caroline!









A few funny things to note....poor sweet girl suffered her first blisters for fashionable footwear on Friday. Bad mama didn't notice till the bath on Friday.
She loves to shut things...doors, drawers, the dishwasher, caps on bottles...you name it, she wants to close it.
Tonight as I was putting her legs into her footy pjs she waved bye bye to her feet! Cracked me up!!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Did they do a flu test? Hadley tested positive for influenza A on Monday. She ran fever for three days and then it finally broke. She just has a little clear runny nose now and is acting back to her old self. Anyway...hope Luc doesn't have that!