Tuesday, February 17, 2009

best.deal.EVER.

headboard...
footboard...
detailing up close...the mirror that attaches to the dresser...
the dresser...
the nightstand...
the trundle...

This weekend we scored the best.deal.EVER. Garage sales aren't allowed here in fancy fancy planned community land. Instead we have something even better...woodlandsonline.com....a local craigslist of sorts. I regularly garage sale shop from the comfort of my sofa with the TV on...it is fantastic...we've scored all sorts of gently loved items...but this weekend we scored BIG.

Luci now has big girl bedroom furniture!! Sure, she doesn't need it yet, but who are we to turn down quality furniture for a low price? In truth I had been coveting a big girl bed (aka...a regular twin) from the pbteen lilac collection for her...literally for months...(since sweet Clara got her big girl bed). All the while knowing full well that purchasing such furniture would be an absolutely ludicrous decision for our family. So what is a mama to do? Regularly peruse wooodlandsonline.com for said furniture, of course! I've been perusing for MONTHS. And Friday something similar-enough caught my eye. A white twin sleigh bed. I emailed the lister hoping I was the first to respond...quality items like this at a reasonable price don't last more than a few hours...and more than once my friends & I have lost something we have been promised. So I was DELIGHTED when she said she'd hold the furniture for us until Sunday night when Clay would be home to check it out with me. All weekend I kept checking my email thinking she'd write and say that someone else could come earlier to see it & it was gone. But nope, it was ours.

We got there & she casually mentioned that she had forgotten that the dresser had a large mirror, and that there was also a trundle bed. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? So for $450 Luci now has a gently loved big girl bedroom set that retailed for over $2200 at The Dump (they have fancy furniture that has been liquidated from expensive furniture stores) three years ago. Sure, there are spots where the furniture has been loved not-so-gently, but for $450 we'll sand it down & re-paint the whole set if it bothers us too much!

For now the dresser & nightstand are in her room, and when she starts climbing out of her crib (my guess is 2-6 months from now) we'll transition with the trundle bed & mesh railings, and then move to the full-on twin a bit later. For now they'll remain in storage. WOOHOO!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow...that is so great. Now that our house is on the market and we are thinking about putting an offer in elsewhere, I am thinking of the furniture I'll need for the kids' rooms, (they will all have their own room) and we certainly can not afford new stuff...so I look on craigs list all the time too....awesome deal!!!!

Lacey said...

WHAT A STEAL!! LOVE IT and LOVE WOL!