Monday, February 02, 2009

busy busy

Getting ready to walk yellow puppy.

Getting her friend 'just so'.

This is how I found her....she knows she's up to no good.
but she's pretty proud of herself!


Well Dad is off with the Navy now and the girl is keeping me BUSY. Before she's even out of her crib she's asking for a 'nack, nack' (snack). Then before I get breakfast on the table she's grabbing the doorknob & requesting a "waah, waah" (walk). I've not been very present with her over the last several weeks with all that has gone on, so it is nice to get some quality time with her. The daily developments are fascinating to watch and I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with her to notice & appreciate each new step.

The latest developments...

Bea. Heaven forbid we leave Bea (her baby doll) anywhere...if we do she goes berserker until we find Bea. Bea HAS to sit in the chair next to her while we eat...although Luce would love to just hold Bea the entire time. Yesterday she threw poor Bea in the mud at the park & then pushed her down into the ground and pushed her (like you would a truck) for a good few feet. Luckily I was able to distract her at bedtime & Bea took a bath in the washing machine last night. She held up remarkably well!

Park. In Luci's head the park is THE place to be these days. We went three times on Saturday, and 2/3 times I had to literally carry her home kicking & screaming. Bea has a blast being thrown down the terror slide (big kid slide) over & over...about 15 times for Luci's one time down the slide.

Walk. About every 15 minutes all day long Luci grabs at the door knob & asks to go for a 'waaah'. She's at the door with some friend situated just so in her little baby doll stroller. And usually she has her shoes on...the wrong feet (she does it by herself now). On Saturday I got seriously geared up for a 3 mile walk around the loop. I got Pandora loaded on my phone...waters for both of us...a super special chocolate chip granola bar snack for Luci...new stickers & some colors....we were SET. I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk...she readily agreed. We went outside. I attemped to put her in the stroller. All h*ll breaks loose. She starts screaming WAAAHHH, WAAAAH, UP, UP (she means down/out). I get her strapped in by using all of my might...explaining she's going to ride & mama will walk...and when we are done we'll go to the park....and she is flinging her head so hard against the back of the stroller that I have no choice but to take her out. And go on her 'walk'. To the park. For the third time that day.

Shoes. The girl found my shoe shelf yesterday in the closet & I couldn't get her out. Her shoes, my shoes, Dad's shoes...95% of the time on the wrong feet.

Oval. She's starting to identify things as ovals! The first time it was pointing to two clouds in her Hail Mary book...she pointed to them & said, "Oval! Oval!". Next it was the bottom of her fancy electric Elmo toothbrush. She might be a genius ;)

Teeth. She's really into brushing her teeth. Not having Mom brush her teeth, but doing it herself. First Mom takes a turn & then Luci takes a turn. We brush about 4 times a day lately.

Climbing. Her climbing is reaching new heights (haha). She now alerts me to when she's climbed somewhere she knows she shouldn't have. For example the other night I was sitting on the sofa wasting time on the Internet, and all of the sudden I hear, "Mama?" and I turn around & she's pushed the bar stool over by the pantry & was sitting on it. And today we were getting the guest room ready for Pax & Jen (woohoo!!) and she climbed on the chair. I told her to sit on her bottom & ran into her room to get something. I heard, "Mama?"...I ran into the guest room & she had made the leap from the chair to the full size bed...and was delightfully walking/jumping around on it.

Chair. She told me yesterday as I was sitting in her rocking chair after a nap, "my chair" and tried to push me aside. I have no idea if she really knows what this means or not, but it sort of cracked me up.

2 comments:

Laura said...

she sounds like a genius to me:-)

Have fun with Jen and Pax.

Holly said...

Good thing she's not living up north with zero degree weather!