Sunday, February 08, 2009

photos & unrelated thoughts...

Can you guess what she's doing? She happens to be lounging in her dad's favorite TV watching spot...
And this comes from Mom, of course. My cutest shoes & our 'park bag'.
"Cheese!!"

My other cutest pair of shoes...it's a good look, don't you think? Classic black & white.

It's funny...I've composed many a post in my head since the loss of the babies...but this very composition sort of took me from a to z and now I just don't have the energy to go back through it all again, letter by letter. Yet there are so many things that I feel are worthy of sharing that I'm hoping to have the energy for it some day...to document how staying sane during the week of waiting was the was the first real put up or shut up moment regarding my faith (how blessed to have this be the first real test at age 31!!)...and the way I'm even closer to so many of my amazing friends and family whose support and love for us has made all the difference. Thank you dear loved ones. Your support was and is still felt.

And time is healing, but each day still seems to bring some (often surprising) challenge that takes my mind back to the sad place I am so actively trying to avoid. It seems like 100 years ago that I was pregnant. And some days it seems that it'll be 100 years before Luci might be blessed with a sibling. But the good news is that I've always been great at arguing with myself (just ask my dad), and I never let my thoughts stay in one place or on one side for long. Although all of this arguing with myself / picking myself up all day long is quite emotionally exhausting & draining. But I'll keep at it, because that is what Faithful Blessed Mamas do. And I AM one Faithful Blessed Mama.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

You are a faithfull BLESSED momma indeed!! I am glad your heart is healing. Luci Lou will be blessed with a little sibbling before you know it!