Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Augustine Rutherford Pierse

That's right. Our sweet boy shall be named Augustine Rutherford Pierse. Augustine is pronounced Uh-GUS-tin. Not AWE-gus-teen. Aka....Gus. Just Gus. And Rutherford is Grandma Pierse's maiden name....and given our daughter's name is Lucia Rosonke Pierse you may have figured out that I have a penchant for using the middle names of our children to honor maiden names. We know...it's a big name for a little boy but we love it...so if you don't please keep it to yourself!


My OB informed me today that Gus has long, long limbs, and they've got some meat on them. Our ultrasound tech said he had big feet back at 18 weeks, so I'm guessing we are looking at another 8lb+, 22in+ baby. And we wonder why I get so big so fast? I'm only 5'3! I mean, I know I look much taller & leaner when not pregnant ;), but I'm a short-waisted 5'3 and there is just isn't anywhere to go but out!


That said, my uterus is measuring 24 weeks as opposed to the 22 1/2 that the calendar indicates, but Dr. J says no problem. I've gained 12lbs total so far and she was thrilled that I 'finally gained some weight' this month (5lbs in the last month)...which totally cracks Clay & me up. We weren't worried...have you seen me? She also thought that it looked like my placenta had moved up...she even pushed on it to see it move on screen to verify it was what she thought...and Gus pushed back! She said he might have a bit of a 'tude already! Our child? Never!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

I love GUS!! SO cute. And not so common. A big name, but he is a big boy, and I am sure has a big future. :) He needs a name like that! Love it!

Carrie said...

Ok, I better get knocked up soon - everyone keeps taking my baby names! :) Henry and Gus were at the top of my list - you just claimed Gus and one of John's friends just had a Henry...

Laura said...

I was going to ask you if I had missed the big name reveal while I was on vacation. How fun to have his name all picked out and be able to refer to him by it. Gus is sure going to be one very loved little boy. Fun, fun, fun. So glad that things are going well.

Ashley said...

Yea, Gus!