I had noticed last week during the meet the teacher that they had her name printed as Lucia all over, so I had to let them know this morning that she probably wouldn't answer to anything but Luci. They seemed to get it, and less than 5 minutes after arriving we said good-bye to our pea. She seemed sort of oblivious to the fact that we were leaving and I was a bit troubled by that, but nonetheless we headed out...and I made it all the way to the parking lot before there were tears. And then more tears in the car. Thank goodness Clay was home & we were able to go out for breakfast and just spend the morning together.
By 11a I was very ready to go get her and the minutes seemed to crawl by. Finally it was time...and she was just as ready to see us as we were her! Miss Lori said she did okay...more good than bad...but that there were a few times when she cried so they did their best to re-direct her attention each time. Of course when told Luci had cried I almost started crying, but I held it together. I asked Miss Lori if she hit any other kids and Miss Lori looked shocked...I have a feeling that Luci's little personality stayed pretty hidden today. Clay thought she looked a little pensive when we picked her up and I'd have to agree; she was definitely out of her comfort zone.
I do still think that the time was right for all of us to make this transition. She rarely has baby-sitters and hasn't been left with people she doesn't know super well since she was about 9 months old (and that was all of 45 minutes at the YMCA..and just once). She's a young 2 (in the 2's class), but she'll be young when she starts kindergarten, so really I think this is a good start. 8:30a - 12:00p, just T/Th. It really is just a structured play time with 2 teachers & 11 other kids, 7 hours a week. I'm already looking forward to & dreading Thursday all at the same time. That said, I know we can do it!
ps. I can hear my dad right now..."have you convinced yourself yet, dear?" I'm working on it Dad, I'm working on it...
2 comments:
ha! i was thinking the same thing...about the convincing yourself part! ;)
missed you tonight... :(
and just thinking...luci better stop growing or else she's gonna have to find someone else to give her their hand-me-downs...clara JUST outgrew that shirt!
Awww sweet little Luci! Glad she had a pretty good first day. Give it a few more days and I am sure there will be NO tears and she will love it. Enjoy the time you have by yourself now before little Man arrives.
Post a Comment