Monday, August 24, 2009

ugh

Ugh...it's one of those days. I'm grouchy. Luci started gymnastics on a new day (Monday instead of Thursday) this morning and she didn't do very well...and she's done spectacularly since her very first class. Not sure if it was the new kids or what, but she was not a very good listener, seemed to be afraid of her teacher (who shes adores), and even hit a few kids. Fun times. Just what mama wants the day before preschool starts to feel confident in her choice. Ugh.
Speaking of preschool, just thinking about dropping her off tomorrow makes me weepy. Looking at pictures of my girlfriends' kiddos starting school makes me weepy. Good thing Clay will be home to go with us...I might have to sit in the car or something. Ugh.

My other complaints? My $15 hair cut is TOTALLY crooked when you look at it from the back. I swear I didn't see it in the mirror at the salon....but everyday since then I fret when I look at the back. I finally asked Clay today if he had noticed it...he said yes, right when I got home...but he thought it was supposed to be that way. I have a feeling he just didn't want to validate the then necessary follow up appointment with my usual stylist. Which is tomorrow at 3p, by the way. Think I'll have to cancel the highlights to pay for the cut tomorrow. Ugh.

Oh, and did I mention I have a rash on my left ring finger? So I'm walking around without my rings. I feel like I'm missing an appendage. I've been wearing just the band for a few weeks now as my fingers have been swollen...the band seems to fit just a bit better than my engagement ring. And now, no rings at all, just an ugly scaly red rash. When I was pregnant with Luci I wore my rings right up until the end. Not this time I guess. Ugh.

And lastly? Another week of the heat index between 100 - 110 degrees. Since June. Literally. This is the worst summer here yet. Ugh.

And blessings, yes, blessings abound. Maybe I should have posted about all of my blessings instead of wallowing in my ugh-ness. Or maybe I'll save that for later today or tomorrow. These photos do make me smile...here is Luce showing off her birthday hat from Aunt Deb the Great...


2 comments:

Laura said...

Boo...sorry you had a icky day, I guess those come with the territory. I'll pray for better days to come and happy preschool drop-offs....it may take a few days, but Luci will LOVE it, and you'll LOVE the break.

Holly said...

Don't worry, I can't get my rings off anymore and my skin is squashed on that finger. My friend down the street told me if I have an emergency c-section they'll have to cut them off! Can they be serious?

Bummer about the hair...