Monday, October 05, 2009

updates

Nope...it isn't the third trimester that is making me feel this icky. This cold I've been battling since Portland has officially turned into a sinus infection...I'm thinking that is why I feel so icky. I have a course of antibiotics that I'm starting in an hour that will hopefully get me back to my chipper self. I've made it almost a year without a sinus infection due to my neti pot, and that is a serious record for me. I usually have about 4 a year, and I haven't had one since Luci & I had our bouts with RSV last November. If you have similar woes, I can't recommend the neti pot more.

In other news, Lulu Pea is going to school tomorrow only to say good-bye to her teachers & friends. After a talk with the director Miss I today, we've all decided she's just not ready. Miss I is SOOO KINDLY holding Luci's spot open until after Christmas break so we can give it another try then if we want to. This is a HUGE deal as there is a long list of kiddos waiting for a spot to open up. We are grateful. And if we decide not to send her back we'll let Miss I know as soon as we make that decision. I must admit I'm curious to see if after a few weeks when Luci realizes she doesn't have to go, that she might want to go. Time will tell I guess. I wish I could honestly say I was more of a self-less mom and that I'm totally okay with the fact that she's not ready, but I'd be lying. I am okay with it, but also a bit bummed. I like alone time. Even if it is just to work. That said, I do realize it was a short lived stretch of alone time as our next bundle of joy is on his way.

So...there are just a few quick updates. Even though this post sounds kind of like a downer, I really do have an attitude of gratitude tonight...I promise. :)

No comments: